Recent content by soda

1. soda

Worklog Yet another Ashida build (My First)

Thanks for the response! I tried playing just playing GC games and no corruption occurred, so that means it is definitely Wii games. The main Wii game I have been playing is Mario Kart Wii, and that is because I am also having a separate issue. The issue is, when I open the settings menu for a...
  2. soda

Update: This corruption keeps happening with only this USB drive which is really odd. It could be a coincidence but what is a shame is that the other working Samsung MicroSD reader posted above doesn't fit in the Ashida. New Corruption, very similar: If these folder/file names mean anything...
  3. soda

Yeah lol some serious corruption occurred. I don’t know what caused it but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have a folder called “GCPMap_S.TAR” that I edited in 2036 .
  4. soda

Okay.. I think I know what's broken:
  5. soda

On that note a little time for an update: I have added the Bluetooth module and it works great! I did have a bit of trouble scratching the traces but I believe I have solid connections now and they haven't come off in about 4 days of playing. Previously my speakers' wires weren't connected and...
  6. soda

More or less, I was previously using 30 gauge magnet wire and switched from that to 36 gauge. On top of that, I coiled the cable more than before and didn't allow for the ends to be a little uncoiled. Also I switched from a Samsung MicroSD reader to the highest-rated USB for RVLoader at the...
  7. soda

Question LUA System Errors at random intervals

Update: Previously I had used 30 awg coiled wire for my USB data lines and switching over to 36 awg coiled wire helped consistency a lot.
  8. soda

Question LUA System Errors at random intervals

Hello all, I have just "finished" up my Ashida build and I have been experiencing boot inconsistency. Rarely, the system loads into the menu and loads games properly Also rarely it tells me it is unable to locate the FAT FS device, even though it's plugged in Most of the time, I encounter...
  9. soda

The fan is blowing in air. I followed the orientation that Ginger had in his full assembly. Edit: I'm pretty sure the standoffs might be a little too high so that the CPU/GPU aren't fully in contact. I'm going to try sanding them down a hair and see if it makes a difference. Edit Edit: I think...
  10. soda

I did not! However it doesn't look like that has solved the problem, just made it a bit less bad. Now, however, it finds equilibrium at around 57.3C, but that still feels very hot for just in the menu.
  11. soda

Alright, I was able to fully charge the batteries up to their 4.2V max. There are some new things I have noticed however: RVLoader refuses to boot while charging giving some weird green and purple artifacts on the screen. Booting into RVLoader is very inconsistent, however, it does...
  12. soda

I think it was the batteries..? I don't know for sure but charging fixed the problem. I'm going through a bunch of the settings now and ran the fan calibration and it just tells me that my cooling system is insufficient, nice. I switched the momentary switch setting to toggle, and cranked up...
  13. soda

More updates: Everything works!... For like 10 seconds. I managed to find a MicroSD card that worked after testing multiple, it loads into the game loading screen and as soon as that happens it turns off. I do flick the power switch off once it starts up to mimic a power button, as I haven't...
  14. soda

I guess I'm lucky, I disconnected the batteries and power cycled the PMS a few times and it now works. What does that really mean though? Anything I should keep in mind in the future? Thanks so much!
  15. soda

Unfortunate Update: As I was screwing stuff in to make it look nicer to take a video I try and turn it on again and it now doesn't even spin the fan. I knew this meant something was up with power. I checked the voltages on the batteries, 3.50V, a little low but shouldn't cause this. I checked...