Recent content by pmarcum

1. Guide Run GreenYi Screen Off 5v

Cradiak, my screen initially worked with 5 volts without having to rework the circuit, but then the screen started flickering, which I read somewhere is an indication that the screen isn't getting enough voltage. When I metered the output of my powerbank, I found that it was putting out...
  2. Guide Run GreenYi Screen Off 5v

Ah, thanks for confirming that either location would work! I indeed have a multimeter (an old-school one ... it doesn't make any beeping sounds!) . I've confirmed that the resistance between the XL1509 5V output leg "pad" on the board and the hole that you have indicated to be 5V in that...
  3. Guide Run GreenYi Screen Off 5v

Thanks again! Sounds like just one of those powerpacks will provide enough energy for both the camera and the display for our entire weekend of riding! One more quick question, if I may? Why wouldn't the red wire be soldered on the same pad where the XL1509 5V output leg was positioned? Maybe...
  4. Guide Run GreenYi Screen Off 5v

Thanks for the detailed answer! I am planning on using either a RavPower Xtreme Series (26800mAh, output 5V/2.4Amax) or RavPower Element Series (10400mAh, output 5V/1.5Amax). Just a quick description of my project, in case you're interested: I am trying to make an inexpensive rearview camera...
  5. Guide Run GreenYi Screen Off 5v

I am making a mobile display to run off of a 5-volt battery pack, and I was absolutely thrilled to find your post, as the TFT LCD monitor pictured is the exact model that I have. I've never hacked into such a thing before, and I have a couple of questions that will likely seem trivial to anyone...