Recent content by Luke

1. Luke

Question Component video shielding

Also if you still can't manage to get it off, it probably wouldn't be so bad to trim the wire as close as you can to the board, and then solder shielded wire to that.
  2. Luke

Question Component video shielding

...Neither, replace what you have with shielded wire. How on earth is unsoldering and resoldering a couple wires more troublesome than wrapping existing wires with tin foil and soldering wires to both sides of the tin foil and insulating the whole thing?
  3. Luke

Question Wii/N64 combo console questions

If he were to add another switch, he just needs a spst to turn the power on/off; no need for a sp3t, he's already doing that selection with the other switch. But what do you think about my idea: You could get an even crazier switch, a 4p3t switch (this would be a rotary switch) and wire it up...
  4. Luke

Question Wii/N64 combo console questions

You still need a 3.3v reg for the n64; the n46 needs 3.3v and 12v, which are both normally supplied by the n64 power supply (there's no onboard 3.3v reg or anything).
  5. Luke

Congrats! :D

Congrats! :D
  6. Luke

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

Yes, a single SPST switch is required. Can't have two controllers plugged into the same slot at the same time; doesn't matter if you're not pressing buttons on both at the same time.
  7. Luke

Hoenn National Pokedex Gameboy

Jealous :XD:
  8. Luke

Question Carb board wii portable?

You asked "Cardboard Wii Portable? Can it be done?" We answered that question. And then after we pointed out all the problems you changed it to, nah guyz, I just meant for testing, but then continued to provide details on how you would make it viable (fans on all sides, duct tape for stabilty...
  9. Luke

Question Carb board wii portable?

Cheaper and easier and a whole lot less durable. You don't want to put expensive components and a lot of time and effort into something that won't hold up. I think the examples of this are fairly obvious. And I'd argue that it's not easier to work with in the first place. 3d printing isn't THAT...
  10. Luke

Model Mini-Keyboard Mounting Solution

Ayyy a customer! lol Why a pi zero if there's clearly room for a full pi 2/3?
  11. Luke

I personally would, although I think your layout can be pulled off if it isn't quiiiite so close to the bottom. That's my opinion. One thing I might consider is that these things can get to be heavy, and particularly portrait style layouts can be a bit top heavy, so consider that you wouldn't...
  12. Luke

Is this supposed to be for a specific system, or a generic design? I'm not too fond of the left control stick being so close to the bottom, I can't imagine how that would be comfortable to use, unless you were able to make the whole thing very light so you could comfortably hold it that close to...
  13. Luke

A Side Project

Cool, I will look into this.
  14. Luke

A Side Project

Didn't go with pi3 because of extra processing speed that I didn't think I needed and always-on WiFi which I wouldn't need (both = less playtime). I want it to function as "a general purpose computer", as emulation station, and as a media player. I was planning on having 3 separate micro sd...
  15. Luke

A Side Project

Mostly just a few more pictures... The screw posts that I epoxied in our mostly dried, so I fully assembled the top half of the project. I'm running the wires through the hinge on the right side, as you can see. The wires are... 5v, gnd, shielded composite, and the button signal. In order to...