Recent content by Luckarusky

1. Luckarusky

Worklog SparkleBear's First Portable Nintendo 64 Build Project Worklog.

Sounds good! I'll keep you posted on other opportunities as well, but looking forward to seeing further hardware work on the portable N64 in the future! Your black full size console here is holding together really well!
  2. Luckarusky

Worklog SparkleBear's First Portable Nintendo 64 Build Project Worklog.

Kinda glad I'm not trying to make a portable N64, heh! (Those separated motherboards look complex as hell!) Nice work though, and on the ram/memory too! Looks like I'm buying a handful of expansion packs to cannibalize for their memory banks. Old and new style, huh? I'll tackle that aspect after...
  3. Luckarusky

Question Help with first N64

So it basically comes down to moding the Expansion pack to carry larger amounts of ram, basically double 8's. I can dig that! Alright, then I'll start by finishing the 2x overclock and additional heatsinks + fans to handle any extra thermal falloff. the extra ram comes next and later. The link...
  4. Luckarusky

Question Help with first N64

Since this thread is related to RAM, I might be able to start here. I wish you luck with the Portable N64 project btw! In my case I'm sticking with the console itself and emulators, but want to upgrade the hardware to Dev-kit memory levels. It's already taken apart, and I've found plenty of info...