Recent content by LordZOOKOR

1. LordZOOKOR

Question Bluetooth N64 Controller

Thanks for the suggestion dimminuendo, but I'm trying to go for full modern functionality, and with the bottom c button replacement, the only buttons I'll need to carve new holes for are the + - and capture. Pardon my ignorance on magnet wire. Since it's enameled I won't need to shield the...
  2. LordZOOKOR

Does magnet wire come in silicon or is it all bald?
  3. LordZOOKOR

I did my first cutting into the 64 controller shell today. I'm going to replace the bottom c button with a joycon stick. I need to find out if I can calibrate a control stick at a wonky angle or if I need to mount it squared up. For remapping button inputs, would I use 30 gage wrapping wire or...
  4. LordZOOKOR

Back from vacation and I've got my hands on a soldering iron and some solder, so I'm ready to jump back into this thing. I've decided to go the SN30Pro route and try to stuff that PCB inside the shell of an original N64 controller. That way there will be native battery and blue tooth support...
  5. LordZOOKOR

So is button mapping really as simple as connecting the right buttons to the right solder points?
  6. LordZOOKOR

Oo. I didn't know about the gc+ that would be a good option for converting n64>gcn>bluetooth. I'm thinking the gbros would be easier to manage than the bluecube since it has native battery support? But it would be nice to convert that over to rechargeable.
  7. LordZOOKOR

Ya I've been looking at the sn30 pro as a viable option. The boards are similar in size. I also might compromise original design for full functionality. I just thought about the possibility of replacing the right c button with a laptop nub and the joystick with a more modern clicking joystick...
  8. LordZOOKOR

I've looked into it. From what I can tell they are long out of production, and not receiving firmware updates. The only listing I found was for $300. Though I'm sure modding isn't going to be cheap either.
  9. LordZOOKOR

So since the switch came out I've dreamed about having an N64 controller with full bluetooth capabilities to play on the switch. That being said, I have absolutely no experience with modding at all. After perusing a few threads on here I have three ideas of how to possibly go about this. 1...
  10. LordZOOKOR

Gamecube Grip for Nintendo Switch

Your use of the Gbros adapter gives me a good idea for a project I'm looking at taking on. Thanks for sharing!
  11. LordZOOKOR

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

LordZOOKOR here. I'm hoping to learn a bit about modding in order to complete an N64 controller project that I've had in mind for a while.