Recent content by LokiDragon

1. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Might not be the final one it's just the best I had lying around... Might make a wider one or add a neck pad to make it more comfortable. As for carrying it around the conventions I think I'm going to make a proper leather carrying case/bag for it. Thanks.
  2. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Well they all take av signals so I suppose so. Although some of the cheap ones I bought to start with had some trouble coping with the Ps1 games signal... I still don't know why. But this one was a bit more expensive about ten pounds more... But works great.
  3. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

One of the car reverse camera screens. Uses Av signal.
  4. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

I've got the McBoot up and running. Seems to work there's the video lag on some games but it's not a massive issue. Anyway I've done a video. Yes I know not all PS2 games are DVD based! The video glasses cut out towards the end and the dates wrong on them! But Hey! Time Travel, thats pretty...
  5. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Hmm... I think your right about the IC I've tried swapping the laser and they all seem to be doing the same thing CDs and Ps1 games work fine but DVDs and Ps2 games aren't recognised... If I install FreeMcBoot would that be an option for playing the Ps2 games? I've never used (or installed it)...
  6. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Well if that's the case I don't think there's much I can do about that... If it gets to the point where it wont play DVDs anymore I'll try getting a new laser but at least its playing the vast majority at the moment.
  7. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Well I was looking for a solution as to why the Psone games were working fine but only some of the Ps2s were working or struggling to play the Film sequences so I thought I'd see if there was anybody having the same problems with their regular Ps2s there was a whole bunch of people talking about...
  8. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

I have actually, this is one from my spares box... But like I said it's just that game. I suppose I could order a brand new DVD laser to be sure but it's just odd that non of my other PS2 games mess up. There was one point I got it to play but it wouldn't load the first level. The loading screen...
  9. LokiDragon

Trying to figure out why war of the monsters won't work on his handheld.

Trying to figure out why war of the monsters won't work on his handheld.
  10. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

It was soulcaliber 2, but I've got it working good now through some tweaking of the potentiometers on the disk drives eye... Only one I've tried of my old games that still won't work is War of the monsters... I've got the psone CD based games running fine and even the finicky DVD roms like...
  11. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Okay great so you're saying I'm potentially going to damage my board if I don't change it? That seems an easy thing to switch over thanks for the advice. Hmm... Well that's interesting. I switched it over and my game that didn't get past the title screen before starts up properly now. Still...
  12. LokiDragon

Worklog SP PSII Build

Erm....No What? I'm not even sure where that is on the board??? What's all the red and green lines?
  13. LokiDragon

the regulator that I'm using to power my sound amp isn't a low drop out one so my portable is...

the regulator that I'm using to power my sound amp isn't a low drop out one so my portable is going mute at about 30% power... I need to find 5v to power the amp from the main board on my ps2 but I don't know where I can get it without messing up the usb slot or memory card. I'm thinking I'll...
  14. LokiDragon

Worrying about 5volt regulators.

Worrying about 5volt regulators.
  15. LokiDragon

worrying about Regs

worrying about Regs