Recent content by Lightning

1. Lightning

Question Project and advice on a portable model scph 79004

The standard cut runs through the LAN port, but if you'd like to keep it intact, or at least keep the pad holes intact, you can just modify the cut to go around it. You may need to reroute the 5 volts it uses, but that's easy to do, you just need to run a wire.
  2. Lightning

Well Dang!!! PS2 development is innovative these days, that's great to hear!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with
  3. Lightning

OKAY!!! Lets see if I can do this in numerical order: 1) The screen resolution you've selected is a little unusual, but should work, do you have a particular model in mind? 2) Batteries designated 18650 are just a cylindrical version of a lithium polymer (lipo) battery, the alternative being a...
  4. Lightning

Question Help after trimming.

Nice, I had that happen once after a mod chip install, and the worst part was it wasn't even my PS2 lol
  5. Lightning

Worklog PCSX2 Device

So when it comes to building a buck converter, is it the size of the the inductor that determines how much energy it produces?
  6. Lightning

Question HELP

A little more info if you could, firstly what model of PS2 slim are we dealing with here? Also some photos of the damaged areas Hopefully it's just something simple and we can get it running again
  7. Lightning

Question PS2 SSD HDD in a portable

Ever consider the somewhat controversial HD Pro method? https://westingames.diytrade.com/sdp/1000564/4/pd/5991748-2085210/HD_Combo_Pro_HDLoader_System_for_PS2_Slim_SCPH-90.html It works by loading games in BIOS mode using some apparently pretty clever software tricks. The speed is probably on...
  8. Lightning

Question PS2 SSD HDD in a portable

I can confirm that it is indeed possible to use a SATA SSD through a bridge IC to load games through OPL, I was however never able to make this work consistently. All the games appeared in the loader, but they almost always failed to load properly. I haven't put any work into it for some time...
  9. Lightning

Question Trace guide for PS2 Slim ZIF connector

Well the fact that there's a modchip on there is fortunate, because it actually uses the reset switch track So what I would recommend you do is solder a momentary switch between that point on the modchip, or on the board where it connects, and GND, this will facilitate the reset function. Send...
  10. Lightning

Need lots of help first portable

If you're using a phone camera can I suggest that you place it on top of a glass or some other kind of solid structure? I t makes the focus much easier to control
  11. Lightning

Hit me up if you have anymore questions, I did extensive research on that board, and it actually can be trimmed a bit, to make it a little more squared at least
  12. Lightning

https://gamesx.com/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=schematics:sony-ps2-scph-70000_series_service_manual.pdf Page 13
  13. Lightning

Question Battery powering a PS2

It should be safe, however I too think you should use a 7900x model, as it has been all but completely figured out by the devoted members here, and it can be made remarkably small as a result, @Gman is the defacto PS2 board trimming vet here, in fact he wrote the Compendium!! Do see if you can...
  14. Lightning

Question Battery powering a PS2

So there are a few things to consider first: Are you using the disc drive or loading from USB and/or ETH? That's actually a big one because it will determine how few cells, and how low of a voltage you can use. The only components that seem to directly use the 8.5 volt rail are the disc drive...
  15. Lightning

Worklog PCSX2 Device

I want to be able to do it within the system software, that same way you control the brightness on your phone screen (it basically is a phone screen). The backlight LED's brightness seems to depend on where to voltage is between 3.3 and 5 volts.