Recent content by Lightning

1. Lightning

Worklog Ps2 shiden type-s

Very impressive work! I especially like how you retained the metal over the GPU to help shield it from magnetic fields.
  2. Lightning

Worklog Chunchunmaru - A PS2 Portable

I love your idea for creating a series of carrier boards for the power electronics. I did something like that once. Anyway as for scraping the solder mas from the USB traces, I would refer to the old PSP Undiluted Platinum installations. That mod chip required soldering wires directly to the...
  3. Lightning

build battery level

Oh really? Which one?
  4. Lightning

build battery level

Have you done any browsing of Texas Instruments devices?
  5. Lightning

build battery level

Well you have to use a BMS board, otherwise you run a very real risk of melting your device. But all that aside, what you're looking to construct is a circuit which includes a voltage senseing ic of some kind, which will be able to communicate with, or directly provide a programmable GPIO that...
  6. Lightning

build battery level

So you want a battery level indicator that works independently from an off-the-shelf charge/discharge circuit? Also what configuration of batteries do you intend to use? number of cells, and how many series, how many parallel?
  7. Lightning

Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

This forum is a true delight, because we get to see such beautiful images of meticulous, carefully detailed work, into which a like mind has poured so much care and dedication. Your project is so incredibly ambitious, and it looks like you are quite equal to the challenge. If I may ask...
  8. Lightning

Worklog A Study in Product Sourcing

So... If I'm understanding this... I should be okay as long as I use a MechaCon with the correct date code. Well it's actually funny you should bring this up (and fortunate), because I noticed a few weeks back that the MechaCons in the pictures in the title post, are actually the wrong date...
  9. Lightning

Question [Last question UPDATED] Questions about my PS2 Slim SCPH-77004 project (SAMBA Router and SSD integrated)

Any copper plane connected to the shrouds of the USB ports is GND, as is essentially the entire border of the board. If you have access to a multimeter you can find any voltage or common plane you want. Highly recommended tool for a newbie lol
  10. Lightning

Question [Last question UPDATED] Questions about my PS2 Slim SCPH-77004 project (SAMBA Router and SSD integrated)

The points highlighted in red should provide 8.5 volts
  11. Lightning

Worklog Ps2 portable

Good thinking!! I would never have thought of that solution. You're really smart!!
  12. Lightning

Voltage Regulators and Current

In general you can't go wrong with anything from Texas Instruments. I believe the PS2 PSM all TI
  13. Lightning

May I present, the network adapter and SATA bridge chip board: I am still trying to figure out if the CXD9731AGP chip will even work without the Ethernet chip attached, and whether i should ground the inputs, or leave them floating, or pull them high, or pull them low... It's a real...
  14. Lightning

@Mister M You're absolutely right!! I will need to length match the traces for the RAM chip bus. Thanks for making sure I knew about that. I probably would have run into some pretty nasty performance issues otherwise. You're the best!
  15. Lightning

Worklog Ps2 portable

So I know you said you don't care, but if you wanted to eliminated those little gaps on the front of your case, (I assume you print it face down) increase the initial layer flow by 10-20%. I find this makes for a cleaner surface when printing cases like these