Recent content by Len-Rod

1. Len-Rod

2023 Summer Competition Results and Prizes

Props to all those who finished and congrats to those that won!
  2. Len-Rod

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] SEGA DreamXtreme!

After much not sleeping, I made an attempt to get this beast running somehow. Unfortunately, the damage went deeper than expected as the laser is also cooked. There's also a slight chance that the laser controller is done for, too. Sadly, I don't think it's possible to get a replacement laser...
  3. Len-Rod

I think so...despite my flagging every wire to not get them mixed up, I somehow got the 5v and 12v lines backwards. Since the sound and VGA are powered via 5v, that's what caused the explosion there.
  4. Len-Rod

Good news! So I was messing with the remnants....and found that the DC appears to still be functional! Audio amp is smoked, VGA circuit might also be smoked. BUT, everything else looks like it's still working! I might be out of the contest..but at least this projekt might still live on :)
  5. Len-Rod

I was hoping for a glorious, triumphant episode 30. instead, all I get is magic smoke. I got it all wired up. Assembled in all its glory. Hit the power switch and it started on fire. Projekt is dead. I'm out of the competition :(
  6. Len-Rod

EPISODE 29: The Final Countdown! The moment of truth is drawing ever nearer! So for today, we get the controller and AV and what not all hooked up! First, the board is hooked in...for hopefully the last time! Then we get it hooked to the Dreamcast's Mobo... After that, we get all the...
  7. Len-Rod

EPISODE 28: The Wires are Nigh! Countdown continues...and the completion is ever nearer. next item on the list is to get all those little wires finished up.... First thing is to get that little board soldered up... Then we create a tentacle pr0n monster! Now for the final bit of horrible...
  8. Len-Rod

EPISODE 27: Paint it Black Gray Since the paint I'm going with likes to stay tacky for a few days after spraying, I decided to go ahead and spray the shell now while I work on the rest in between... After a good 4 coats of paint, while subtle, there is a now color difference! Now, with...
  9. Len-Rod

EPISODE 26: Gremlins Strike! Sanding finished...now onto a small speed bump. I realised that since I have a proper disk cover that I want to also have a lid open/closed switch! But then...Disaster! Wretched acyrlic plastic is just too darn brittle... Sooooooooo....for the fourth or fifth...
  10. Len-Rod

EPISODE 25: The Sanding of Pain! The goo is cured....it is time to murder my hands and wrists! ...and after way too long....and alotta pain... The shape is perfect! I somehow managed to fill all the holes on the first go! Pretty surprising considering that it usually takes at least 3...
  11. Len-Rod

EPISODE 24: The Goo is Upon Us! Well, this is a short one as it is time to get the body work done up! Nothing works better for mixing and applying my case putty material than magic cards ;) Black does alotta sacrificing....and I shall sacrifice it! mwa ha ha! Aaaaaand...PUTTYFACATION...
  12. Len-Rod

EPISODE 23: Another Glue in the Wall Part II *We don't need no glue on plastic! We don't need no fumes to huff* OK, enough of that...now onto the walls! First the bottom wall Then the Left... and then the right! Now for the top plate...it requires a nice extra curvy part first. and...
  13. Len-Rod

EPISODE 22: The Beginning of the End? The case work continues, and now it's time to commence to some aesthetics before it gets too hard to attach them! Let's begin the first phase of case front dank-ness! It took more than a few tries, but eventually, got some seriously nice circles going :)...
  14. Len-Rod

EPISODE 21: A Switch, A Plug & A Dilemma Boy howdy this episode is gonna be a dozy :) First on the day's list...the POWAAAAAAAAAAAH Switch & Charge socket. A fine, snug fit for all! Next up was the dilemma...I wasn't sure about what I was going to do with the memory card. There is more...
  15. Len-Rod

EPISODE 20: METAL ON PLASTIC We're almost out of August and the countdown continues! First off, some gluing action! Glue solidified...the DD is pretty well attached methinks :) Now onto the next hurdle...figuring out how to actuate the L & R buttons. After some pondering, I came up with a...