Recent content by JT_1401

1. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

The 2.5 HDD Was apparently not rugged enough and had too much storage. The new drive is a 5.25 in HDD that is more rugged. I think the floppy drive can emulate an eeprom. Still working on a schematic.
  2. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

People did not like the 1TB 5400 rpm HGST harddrive. This is the replacement.
  3. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

The hard disk drive is fine. The original was 1 TB but it was brought to my attention that 1 TB is too much so I opted for one that was a bit smaller.
  4. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

A Mii uses 16k or less of storage. I think I could store some on a floppy disk.
  5. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

So?
  6. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

I do not want to use both at once. The hard drive is encharge of games and the floppy is only used for Miis.
  7. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

8. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

You have inspired me.
  9. JT_1401

Discussion Retro Wii

Have you ever decided that the G-Boy and stock Wii consoles are inherently flawed by modern technology? I sure do that is why I have set out to create a Wii that uses several iconic storage mediums. First, the Wii shall use a 1 TB hard drive and a rare 2.88 MB floppy drive. Second, the Wii will...
  10. JT_1401

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello my name is JT, I am from the US. I am a vintage electronics fan and own a Wii and have aquired a second while buying more remotes. I plan to mod my spare Wii. My primary hobbies is repairing and reverse engineering computers. My current project is restoring a 1991 IBM.