Recent content by JMCD

1. JMCD

Help identifying component

For completeness I'll update this in case anyone else is looking. I've managed to ID the model and manufacturer. Diodes Inc AP3019AKTR-G1 Looking at the datasheet, it would appear we have a few methods of brightness control. Either PWM on the CTRL pin or by altering the DC voltage on the FB...
  2. JMCD

Worklog HDMI Alt mode over USB-C board

No need to blush, I've had times they've worked with native drivers and times I've had to force feed windows a driver
  3. JMCD

Short Stack - The World's Smallest Wii

Gorgeous work
  4. JMCD

Worklog HDMI Alt mode over USB-C board

Hi, silly question but did you install the driver for the USB UART bridge? https://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_EXE.html Awesome project by the way!
  5. JMCD

A basic homebrewed bartop cab

Thank you! :D
  6. JMCD

Thank you. Honestly, if you don't already have the tools I'm pretty sure you can buy the profiled panels cheaper than tooling up for it, I learned that the hard way lol. But go for it, you won't regret it.
  7. JMCD

Thank you. I miss it dearly, and will make another one day, for myself haha
  8. JMCD

Nice! I look forward to seeing it someday! Haha, absolutely! A time of long days and nights with no responsibilities, never appreciating really how good we had it!
  9. JMCD

Thank you, it really was a blast to build and test (ok by test I mean I played it over and over before passing it on to it's keeper haha) I can highly recommend building one, you definitely should go for it, don't delay :) They sound like very fond memories :) I can wholeheartedly get where...
  10. JMCD

Worklog Wii-Pi

Not a problem, no need to apologise! Thank you very much :D
  11. JMCD

Just a few pics of a build I did as a gift for someone a few years back, this was a really fun project and I'd love to do a full size cabinet with a mini pc one day. The build consisted of: Stereo amp and speakers Raspberry pi 3, running retropie, with roms on an old portable hard drive USB...
  12. JMCD

Wii portable questions and sort of worklog?

Hi, ** Disclaimer ** I am definitely no expert! But here's my honest opinion, I'm sure those more versed than me can elaborate better. **End Disclaimer** Modelling software kind of comes down to personal preference but I love fusion360. I tried a few before settling on that. Don't skimp on...
  13. JMCD

Worklog Wii-Pi

Decided to play with the LCD driver's firmware to try and cheer myself up after HID failure lol. Driver being poked to read it's firmware, using I2C over HDMI raspberry Pi. Time to take a look through it tweak, and reflash. Hopefully. Many thanks to Floppes for providing the python tool and...
  14. JMCD

Worklog Wii-Pi

Thank you! :blush: although I have been an idiot and will have to redo those wires lol. Yes @LCandell that is the very next plan for the spare gamepad. I cannot wait, but have vowed not to begin until this is done.
  15. JMCD

Worklog Wii-Pi

Thank you for digging that out, I'd come across it before but lost where it was! Unfortunately I can't see the Google sheets doc, is that a BOM?