Recent content by JaymaicanBacon

1. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

Thank you for the tips . I was thinking that cutting the pins with pliers and then de-soldering would be easier so I will try that.
  2. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

Got the USB C pd board working. This article was really helpful for explaining how to set it for the different voltages. https://www.alexwhittemore.com/notes-on-usb-pd-triggers-and-zy12pdn-instructions/ Had to order a different power brick to get it to work though. When I first tried to set it...
  3. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

Yeah I would agree that is more logical to do that but I don't have any way to print test prints to make sure the fitment is correct. I was planning to buy an aftermarket heat sink (like the one in the store) assuming that new power supply and hdmi work. So then the overall height of the...
  4. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

The diagram is the trimming guide was perfect! Thank you. I'm just waiting on another wii2hdmi adapter and the USB c charger being delivered and then I will begin trying to put this together. Doesn't look like it's going to be too difficult at the moment. Modding the case will probably be the...
  5. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

Yeah I think something like this would work: Am I right in saying a stock Wii requires 15.75W of power at 12v? Alternatively there are these bigger power bricks designed for laptops that would definitely be able to supply enough power, but it's obviously a bit more bulky to carry around...
  6. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

I want to get better at de-soldering components anyway as I have a few other projects I want to do (not console related) so this is just kind of something fun for me to practice with. I have a spare wii as well as a replacement motherboard so there's not too much risk if I mess it up.
  7. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

That's great, thanks for the replies. I think based on that then, the easiest solution for what I want to achieve will be to not trim the board at all, de-solder the current video out port and then re wire the connections to the Wii2hdmi adaptor relocated to a sensible place near the outside...
  8. JaymaicanBacon

Worklog Wii Slim

Hello all, I have been browsing these forums for a weeks now. You have all really put a lot work and research into documenting how to do this and some of the finished projects are amazing. I think a handheld portable wii is going to be outside my skill set for the time being. My goal is to...
  9. JaymaicanBacon

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello all, I have been browsing these forums for a weeks now, mainly reading pinned posts in relation to wii trimming / portablising. You have all really put a lot work and research into documenting how to do this and some of the finished projects are amazing. I think a handheld portable wii is...