Recent content by Gabobo

1. Question How would I go about connecting buttons and slider pads to a Raspberry Pi for a portable?

I did way more research into pi projects since posting and experimented with the pi zero a bit more. Here's what I found out: - GBA is still dodgy with it's default emulators but the standalone gpsp fixes all of that. - If gpsp doesn't work and you need a save file that's past the intro, to...
  2. Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

Bro. It's most likely that cheap stuff messing with you. Buy nice or buy twice. Get that UHS level my dude.
  3. Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

Is it a good SD card? If that's the limiting factor then maybe replace it with a delicious Sandisk brand fast SD card.
  4. Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

If you still haven't taken apart the wii, go for it. Neek2o does take a while to boot and the green fuzz is normal (for me at least). Before you do that though, try to refresh the cache and try again (press start).
  5. Question How would I go about connecting buttons and slider pads to a Raspberry Pi for a portable?

I have a Raspberry Pi Zero device and I gotta say, GBA doesn't even have 100% compatibility (some games laggg hard). Though if you you are willing, then you should probably look up this thing called "Teensy" or "ADS1115." Here. Some guy had a custom MintyPi but everything else is on you. From...
  6. Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

Did you install BootMii as an IOS? That happened to me. I forgot and had to hunt down a BootMii IOS and install it with MultiModManager.
  7. Solved Wii Portable Parts?

Grab yourself a USB-C from the site, save yourself some headaches. Then grab yourself a multimeter and a stick of superglue. Superglue for buttons on the squish tacts and multimeter to check/verify your connections. I keep seeing people use "red board BMS" but if you're using the RVL-PMS you...
  8. Question I’m kinda new to this

Ebay. For parts. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/revision-identification-guide.863/#post-9044 Look at all the guides. Good luck dude.
  9. Question I’m kinda new to this

It's whatever you want to use for storage. If you used the same USB to install PortablizeMii, that's cool too. If you plug another USB in, PortablizeMii will ask to make new data on that USB. Basically whatever you plug in will be it's storage for everything. Pics are appreciated. I see your...
  10. Question I’m kinda new to this

Yes. The USB also holds PortablizeMii data. PortablizeMii does not run without that.
  11. Question I’m kinda new to this

Don't worry, once the parts come in for you, it'll all be labelled and most of it will be either common sense or in the guide. USB-C board connects a USB to read data and play games. The SD card is for the recommended Kingston USB to MicroSD adapter that is plugged in the USB-C board. If you...
  12. Question I’m kinda new to this

Okay so G-Boy uses brand new custom variations of those custom PCBs exclusive to the G-Boy kit. They look like they function the exact same except with beginner friendly features like the clip-in joysticks and solderless audio. I don't know for sure, it's just what I gathered from the videos. As...
  13. Question I’m kinda new to this

I can answer this. You do not need a Wiikey Fusion. That was some old solderless modchip used for the wii around 2009-2010, before Nintendo splashed glue all over the Eeprom or whatever. We have PortablizeMii which is literally an all in one package to get mods on the wii without the need for...
  14. Worklog Can someone help check my work

Well I kept my word. Last post, I closed it. I'm not going to show my spaghetti. That's something I'll do better next time. It was only there because I jumped the gun on wiring the GC+ without getting all the pieces together and I refused to measure wires. That's my bad. Here it is. I...
  15. Question I’m kinda new to this

I don't know the exact ones that'll work so look around other people's finished worklogs and check out their BOM (bill of materials) but some key store names you can look through are Amazon, ebay, Digikey, MABDelectronics. Hope you find it.