Recent content by Frogfreak

1. Frogfreak

Question Anybody know of any 6-6.2 inch Screens with VGA (or AV).

Awesome! happy that you'll be checking on the project! i hope to get started soon, though, it'll be quite a gradual project, it'll take me a lot of time, but it'll be pretty cool when it's done!.... i hope. I'll start the build thread soon, where i'll start with the wii motherboard trimming, so...
  2. Frogfreak

alright, gotcha. thank you very much. and soon i'll start another thread for the actual build!
  3. Frogfreak

Alright! thank you so much! from what i've looked at, and if my calculations are correct, this project will run me somewhere in $230 :|O.o I really do appreciate all the help you've given me Stitches, on other forums and such, if i asked anyone so many questions, they would've turned me down...
  4. Frogfreak

Hmmm. $60 for a small PCB eh? oh well, i'm sure it's great quality and worth it!. Also, i'm not using the controls from the wii-u Gamepad, just the plastic shell, that i'll modify. Thankfully i think i have most, if not all the regular tools i need. (my soldering iron doesn't work perfectly...
  5. Frogfreak

Alright! May i ask another question? What are all the required parts (and the best places to get them) to do the portable wii?
  6. Frogfreak

I guess it'll work then. is there a specific guide on wiring these screens to a trimmed wii motherboard?
  7. Frogfreak

Hmmm. i wish the VGA port wasn't out of view in the picture... I do wonder how it looks IRL though. I'd take an IPS at 6 inches, if it could be found for around the same price. (with VGA)
  8. Frogfreak

As the title makes obvious, i need a 6 to 6.2 inch (preferably good quality) screen for my upcoming first wii portable. so, that's the size i'm going for, but i need that kind of connection, and hopefully, not too expensive, ($50 or less hopefully). Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
  9. Frogfreak

Question Where do i solder on GC motherboard?

Really i think the questions would be very much regular Portable wii questions, as the main special thing is it's only being housed in a gamepad shell.
  10. Frogfreak

Ah, I see. I kinda have an interesting full idea of what I want In my portable. Would you like me to pm? (might be best as this thread has well moved away from soldering a GC motherboard)
  11. Frogfreak

May i ask you if there are any commonly recommended screens already around the size?
  12. Frogfreak

Composite huh, wouldn't the screen be a bit old then? i'm not having luck finding a recent screen the right size that take composite. I think i'm gonna go with a 7 inch screen.
  13. Frogfreak

Well, let’s see, I have all the tools I need already, so that’s a start. The case I’m planning to use will be a modified Wii-u game pad case. So if that’s any help. Is there anything I need to know about what screens will be compatible for this project?
  14. Frogfreak

Yeah, can’t wait to start! I’m just gonna buy a wii motherboard soon and get to work! side question: how budget do you think a wii portable can be done? I know it’s probably a silly question, but I wanted to hear your opinion.