Recent content by Dmcke5

1. Dmcke5

Worklog NucDeck

It's starting to look a bit more like a completed thing now! Over the last couple of weeks I finished off the main parts of the housing, assembled the next lot of prototype PCBs and printed a set of buttons so I could test the controls. The screen is pretty disappointing so I've got a much...
  2. Dmcke5

Worklog NucDeck

That's pretty much caught you up to where I'm at now. I've got a full set of PCB's on order from PCBWay at the moment which will hopefully complete the controller. Then I can work on the BMS system while I make the rest of the parts. The only other challenge at the moment is the touchscreen...
  3. Dmcke5

Worklog NucDeck

After that I printed a prototype housing to ensure the design could be printed easily enough and to check that everything fits. Then I fully filled/sanded and painted it, just for the thumbnail on Youtube :D Next I started machining parts. I did a complete test piece for the front housing out...
  4. Dmcke5

Worklog NucDeck

The first step I made was in roughly February 2022. Once I had the initial shape and size worked out I ripped a very quick test piece out of a scrap of MDF I had to test the size and feel. I've also included a side by side photo with the DIY UFO for a size comparison. I eventually marked the...
  5. Dmcke5

Worklog NucDeck

Hi guys, I'm back once again to taint your forum with one of my "not a console" handheld gaming devices! I'm doing a bit of a Youtube series about this project but I decided that I should probably have a forum post somewhere too to help record the finer details of the project that don't make it...
  6. Dmcke5

Question PSX Mod Installer in Brisbane, Australia?

Sorry I missed this! I too am in the Redlands but sounds like Stitches got you sorted!
  7. Dmcke5

Worklog Retro Lite CM4 - A StonedEdge and Dmcke5 collaboration

I can answer the case one. In short, I wouldn't print it. This is mostly due to tight tolerances and thin walls on the larger flat areas. That's not to say you can't do it, but you will end up spending hours trying to get buttons and things to fit nicely and it will be very flimsy if you do...
  8. Dmcke5

Question What age is normal for making a portable

In my short time here, the main thing I've noticed the younger guys that didn't last long have trouble with is expecting help instantly. Just remember that most of the people on here that are going to provide help likely have a job to attend (not too mention families etc) and may be in a...
  9. Dmcke5

MRKane's final portable [KeyLime Pi-Rate Station]

Good work pulling it all together regardless of the broken screen. Sucks, but at least it should be minimal work to replace! Glad my code was of assistance to you! Good luck in the competition!
  10. Dmcke5

Gameboy PiPocket Zero

I am planning to release files for this project at some point in the future. I have updated this project to use a CM3 module as the zero was lacking a bit in the power department. There is a fair bit of SMD soldering involved in this project, I wouldn't really recommend this as good beginners...
  11. Dmcke5

Gc+ alternative for raspberry pi?

I did a quick google search and it does look like it wouldn't be hard to modify the code to work with a Teensy. This link gives a bit of an example: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_joystick.html Based on that link, I'm pretty sure all you'd need to do is comment out the joystick library and...
  12. Dmcke5

Probably? As long as they are fully supported in Arduino then it shouldn't be a problem I guess. The question really will be over the library that I've used and if it is compatible with the board. If you've got one handy, give it a go for us and report back if it works!
  13. Dmcke5

Worklog Portable J4125

I'm not going to have room for a dedicated display driver board so whatever display I choose will have to be driven by an open source display controller that I can integrate into my PCB. The 1024x600 displays are still TTL which means I can use the TFP401 DVI encoder design that adafruit makes...
  14. Dmcke5

Worklog Portable J4125

Just search YouTube for "J4125 gaming" and you'll get a reasonable idea of what it can run. I suppose it depends on what you consider modern too. It'll handle Amoung us just fine but I doubt it would even load into cyberpunk lol.
  15. Dmcke5

If you want a plug and play solution, I've put my code on github: https://github.com/dmcke5/Ardupad It is for an atmega32u4 based arduino board though (such as the Arduino Micro), not a teensy.