Recent content by djpgowrie

1. djpgowrie

Question Have I killed my U5 pads?

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of where to wire my U10 chip legs to on the board?
  2. djpgowrie

Worklog N64SP take2

This is an absolute thing of beauty! Awesome work, I hope I'm able to get anything near as polished as this with my Wii
  3. djpgowrie

Ok, this can be my experiment board then. I need to use the U9 as part of the 'incident' wrecked the U10 too. Where would the legs need to be wired to?
  4. djpgowrie

Good news - I now know what has caused me to make a royal screw up of my board so hopefully second attempt will be better. Bad news - is this screwed up beyond salvage? (Also, is the trace cut enough? OM6 board)
  5. djpgowrie

Worklog OM6 Wii - GBA SP Build

Funny you should say that, I've been considering this today. I don't have much cash at the mo so wanted to avoid buying a Wii as this is my only unit. I've since had a thought of another project which I might use this for instead and then do a 4 layer for this later. I might park this one...
  6. djpgowrie

When you say that's fine do you mean It's fine there shouldn't be one there anyway It's fine because all the pads are connected (elsewhere) Thanks for the confirmation though! I was proper sulking about it being a write off. David's morale has increased! :D
  7. djpgowrie

Think I've killed the U10 relocation.... it was so clean with the exception of one pad Is this salvageable? :oops:
  8. djpgowrie

Yeah I think it may fall short. I did have a test run of Super Mario Galaxy for over an hour and it was fine. That was in open air. The fan is much stronger than the stock though and gives a very 'feel-able' breeze. So much so that I'm concerned about noise. With proper channeling I reckon it...
  9. djpgowrie

Hi all, Just a quick check on my trim - can I remove the 2 capacitors(?) shown in the pic? Also confirmation that I've not screwed anything up so far would be great! I'm planning on removing the LDO (using RVL-PMS), removing C1, C2, C6 and U5 chip (U10 removed already) and then soldering U10...
  10. djpgowrie

**UPDATE** So I've been waiting a while for various parts to arrive but been working on the cooling side of things. Taking inspiration from the G-Boy solution I sourced the items separately to match Parts used: 100x100mm 0.7mm copper sheet - link 30mm x 10mm fan blow - link 9x9mm 5mm...
  11. djpgowrie

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm getting my hands on the DS Lite donor this morning so will look into my vision more over the next few days. Maybe it's a case of keeping proportions accurate if not dimensions directly (I'm thinking half and half split clamshell - 1 battery in each lid...
  12. djpgowrie

Hi all, So I'm extremely new to this modding scene (about a week) but looking at giving it a go. The plan is a trimmed Wii in a GBA SP form factor. I've seen one done already which is awesome but quite chunky in the hand. Whilst this probably lends itself to more comfortable gaming for an...
  13. djpgowrie

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

I've read that - as this is designed for portable you can't use Wiimote to turn on/off which is fine. But is there a way to play a Wii game with a Gamecube controller and return to the bbloader menu to select another game? I have to keep powering off then back on to change games.