Recent content by Booshman

1. Booshman

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

I ordered one a few days ago but the seller has been silent. I may have to find someone else, that's how it goes on taobao sometimes.
  2. Booshman

Good news, back in business! I took off the everdrive, still had the short. Trimmed a bit more, still had the short. A bit more, still the short. Then a final trim and IPA wash and the short was gone. Not sure if the trim did it or all the cleaning finally dislodged something but it did the...
  3. Booshman

Chineses board i found, i think is good

It's a good board, I'm using one. It's discussed in the batteries thread I believe.
  4. Booshman

I've run magnet wire from those pins on the CPU to the U6. Still no idea on the short though. This left edge as viewed from the bottom has a bit of a kink to it and I'd prefer to straighten it out. I also hope that might be where the issue is even though it feels very smooth. Can I trim at the...
  5. Booshman

No worries, I'll just add it to the list of things I've broken. It's been a couple of days with ups and downs. I decided to tackle the cartridge slot and it worked. I hard wired the everdrive and it was fine, I was very happy with myself after all the fruitless messing with the expansion. I...
  6. Booshman

Unfortunately the process of removing the pak from the motherboard dislodged a lot of the wires. I haven't got the inclination to try a sort that mess out on the chance there could be one more wire I need to connect. It took me about 5 hours to wire all that up and trying to solder around stuff...
  7. Booshman

Well I got it done, checked the continuity as I went, looked all good. Didn't bloody work. Looks like I'm buying a new one :'(
  8. Booshman

Cool thanks so much for the clear instructions and images. I'll give it a go, it's going to take me hours but I have to give it a go. Could you tell me one last thing, the wire I'm using is super thin, should it be ok for the 3.3v connections? I'll try to keep everything as short as possible...
  9. Booshman

Thanks again for your assisance with this. Based on your notes would this be an accurate diagram of the wiring? I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I put a bunch of time of something that might not be correct. Also, I marked 2 pins on the chip in yellow that I'm not sure what they...
  10. Booshman

Thanks for having a look. I bridged the 2 pins as it looked to me like they went to the same contact. Is that not the case?
  11. Booshman

Hi again all, back from another break on this. I finally bit the bullet and trimmed my second motherboard. This time it came off a treat, working as expected. I've hit a bit of a snag though with the expansion pack. I went to bend it as per the instructions by Bacman from way back when, I cut...
  12. Booshman

N64 SP - Finished!

This is a thing of beauty. Spot on.
  13. Booshman

Worklog First N64 Portable

I only got as far as a basic trim and battery connection before my first board died. As yet I haven't trimmed my second one. I'm still working on the case.
  14. Booshman

When I was going to have the headphone jack on the top of the case there would have been no room for them vertically. Now I have moved it to the bottom the repositioning may not have been required.
  15. Booshman

For audio I went with this LM4863. I removed the pink headphone jack and replaced it with a less bulky black one, and the large caps are extended off the board with wires. I removed all the plastic bits also, to solder direct to the board.