Mini PS2 Slim Build

I have a updated firmware for my DIY RP2040 SD2PSXTD memcard gen2. This is the latest 1.3 version. Remember it has to be wired EXACTLY as my schematic shown earlier for this to work.

*edit- Had to reupload the file as there was a problem with the compiled firmware.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
hello there, so i am planning to make a pcb based on the pico devboards so its easier to build the sd2psx, was wondering if theres a way to contact you? this account is new so i cant post links as of right now but the github is TheMercuryWoman to check the repo
 
hello there, so i am planning to make a pcb based on the pico devboards so its easier to build the sd2psx, was wondering if theres a way to contact you? this account is new so i cant post links as of right now but the github is TheMercuryWoman to check the repo
OK. I've sent you DM here
 
Been doing a little work on the A5-V11 to get it to fit inside the Slims and use the RF shield as a heat sink. This little board lets the caps be inverted, and it also has a spot for the MAX809TTR supervisor so it can be laid down and soldered in cleanly. I have a prototype on order from OSH Park, so I might see it in a month or so, lol. Of course, it’ll be 0.8mm thick, which should be thin enough. Once it’s proven, I’ll get flexes made.

There are a couple good spots where I think I can get the A5-V11 to fit nicely alongside the other mods. Pics are attached of one possible spot. Again, the idea is to use the RF shield as a heat sink. The other spot is behind the controller port beside the fan. It’s the preferred spot, but it won’t fit in all Slims.

The copper plates are laser cut and soldered to the board to hold it to the aluminum mounting plate. Eventually, I’d like to mount it directly to the heat shield and add an antenna. I mean, it’s totally encased in metal, lol. I saw someone mention that antennas can be added to these, so that’s something I want to look into.

This is still very much in the works and not finished yet. Just felt like sharing what I’ve got cooking in the kitchen.

I’d really like to see the A5-V11 fit inside the Slim and get the firmware set up with a nice web UI for switching modes. Once I get it all figured out, I hope to write it up as a nice DIY weekend mod. Not entry-level, but probably more moderate to difficult, lol.

I bought a bunch of these boards, so I’d like to see them internally installed in a few builds.


1778192387613.webp
1778192401737.webp
1778192452495.webp

1778192477112.webp
 
That looks nice! For your caps relocation I wonder if changing them to smd tantalum capacitors would save you even more space. They could probably be soldered on the board itself replacing the ceramic ones. I'm getting back into modding by making a portable 7" version that will closely resemble the switch using switch joycons and all. I'll also try modding the other A5-v11 router same as you have.. removing the LAN jack, replace the ceramic caps for tantalum and a heatsink mod. Its amazing you flat you got that thing to be!

BTW, I did some research in replacing those ceramic caps with tantalum and it seems to be just fine as long as the ratings match (voltage and capacitance).
 
Last edited:
That looks nice! For your caps relocation I wonder if changing them to smd tantalum capacitors would save you even more space. They could probably be soldered on the board itself replacing the ceramic ones. I'm getting back into modding by making a portable 7" version that will closely resemble the switch using switch joycons and all. I'll also try modding the other A5-v11 router same as you have.. removing the LAN jack, replace the ceramic caps for tantalum and a heatsink mod. Its amazing you flat you got that thing to be!

BTW, I did some research in replacing those ceramic caps with tantalum and it seems to be just fine as long as the ratings match (voltage and capacitance).
Hey!! how ya been?

That design has changed and will change again, lol. I picked up some tan caps a while back but I will be adding more to this design.

1) The interposer board will be expanded to allow for an additional Flash chip (20Mb of flash)
- I am not sure yet but if I have acess to both chip selects then id like to add additional FW rather than swapping.
- Keep MAC id and factory info

2) GPIO pads
- There are 6 available.
- Use for BlueZZZ mod (BlueTooth Pairing, Paired)
- Router ready signal to router PSU

3) UART connection to BlueRetro
- Pass BlueRetro status to PS2 for display
- Enable or disable controllers/ports
- Custom BlueRetro and .elf files.

3) Add PSU for the router.
- This will be a huge improvement to make sure the router is in better sync with teh console.
- PSU has a controller that handles the PS2 power on.
- Router PSU is turned on first, then when it get a ready singal from router the PS2 gets the power on signal.
- When the PS2 gets reset the router stays powered on.
- If the PS2 is powered off for a set time, then the router PSU powers down.


1790713253811.webp
1790713275817.webp
 
Back
Top