Question Is this tool list adequate for building a Wii portable?

Joined
Oct 3, 2026
Messages
4
Likes
1
I've been trying to build out a list of everything I'd need to build an Ashida so that I can avoid any surprise expenses related to the project (because I missed a necessary tool), and to give myself the best shot of success.

These are the tools I have currently:
  • Pinecil (with the default tip from Pine64)
  • Sponge for tip cleaning
  • Silicone workmat
  • Leaded Rosin Core solder
  • "Flux" (https://secure.sayal.com/store4/prodetails.php?SKU=245845). Cheapest thing available, used on previous projects but doesn't feel adequate for microsoldering. Maybe it's fine I'm not sure.
  • Dremel
  • Wire strippers
Tools I plan to purchase:
  • Helping Hands + Magnifier
  • Soldering Iron stand (planning on 3D printing one)
  • Brass Wool (does it clean better than a sponge?)
  • Liquid Flux. Unsure of the brand but I'm also not confident in the flux I have right now so I figure its a worthy investment.
  • Solder Wick
  • Dremel Cutting Wheel
  • Sandpaper (3 grits)
  • Magnet Wire (not sure what gauges)
  • Kapton Tape
Anything else I may be missing? And also any flux recommendations :D?
 
Back
Top