Search results

  1. Luigid

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    You can easily do it; I did it with a 70004, so it’s even better with a 7900X since it has lower power consumption.
  2. Luigid

    Maximize consumption – PCB simplification - ZJ050NA-08C

    Hi, latest update: Since I didn’t want to stick with the 802, i was sorting through my stuff and dug up the TLV62095RGTR I’d originally used on my PS2P, so I figured I’d find it a "new home", even though it might not be the best application given the low load. Using a small inductor and...
  3. Luigid

    Question best cheap buck converter for wii trim power

    Look, pretty much anything is possible, but we have to be realistic: using a power bank module to convert the 4.2V battery output to 5V—and then generating all the necessary voltage rails from that—creates a fundamental issue. Will it work? Yes. But you’ll face serious problems with heat and...
  4. Luigid

    Question best cheap buck converter for wii trim power

    https://bitbuilt.net/forums/threads/bestiolino-nano-full-new-power-management-system-open-source.7386/ Hi, it depends on whether you want a custom, semi-custom, or completely independent solution. The custom approach would be to use an already polished PMS (Gman's v1, v2, or v2 Lite); I was...
  5. Luigid

    Question Wii Power Management System

    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005008804243283.html That post is too old; I suggest you start your own work log—you could try using the shared one. Please note that it is indicated for 1 lithium cell and not 2.
  6. Luigid

    Question Short Between 1.8 V and Ground

    Unfortunately, yes—you absolutely need to clear that direct short circuit. If you can replace the LDO with a small regulator, that’s not a problem; we can find a solution, assuming that turns out to be the issue. Of course, first try to determine if the traces themselves are shorted by sanding...
  7. Luigid

    Question Short Between 1.8 V and Ground

    One final test is to remove the LDO completely—it might well be the culprit; if you have a bench power supply, you can apply voltage to see if it heats up.
  8. Luigid

    Question Short Between 1.8 V and Ground

    Check that solder ball on the 1.8V LDO.Check that solder ball on the 1.8V LDO; it could also be the regulator itself. Try desoldering it and taking the measurement again.
  9. Luigid

    Question best cheap buck converter for wii trim power

    Hi. No, I meant for all voltages from 5V down to 1.8V; besides not being able to operate at 1V, it wouldn't have the necessary current (that module has a tiny inductor anyway, so I wouldn't exceed 500mA for 5V in buck-boost mode). For lines below that voltage, look for that green module on...
  10. Luigid

    Worklog Xii-Boy Pocket (V2 "Plus") by Xenii

    Hi guys, here are a few updates on the modifications (I hope the post isn't too old to be updated) lol: A new PMS—a variant of the PS2 "bestiolino" for the Wii—following the same logic; it simply lacks the second regulator for the 5V and 2.5V rails. While it could have been even smaller, the...
  11. Luigid

    Question best cheap buck converter for wii trim power

    YveltalGriffin gave you a practically perfect list; I’ve used and tested quite a few of them for the same purpose. If you want to save money, the TPS63802 module is practically perfect for 3.3V—and potentially 5V if the load is low (like for an SD card or LCD). You can even use it for 1.8V (the...
  12. Luigid

    Ghosts GC+ 2.4 firmware compatible with GCVideo 3.1 - Fujiflex

    Hi Aurelio, actually, as I wrote, it came down to two modifications: I moved the port reading, WDT, and debounce routines (previously located at the beginning of the file) to run after handling the SI signal at the start of the file (along with adding the "cascade" script via L2); this alone...
  13. Luigid

    Ghosts GC+ 2.4 firmware compatible with GCVideo 3.1 - Fujiflex

    Hi, that makes sense and actually matches what I found. To be precise about the numbers: I tested with T2PR=0x1B alone on a fully stock main.c (rumble handled before the response, like the original code) — and the OSD combo stopped opening entirely, every time. I think this lines up with your...
  14. Luigid

    Ghosts GC+ 2.4 firmware compatible with GCVideo 3.1 - Fujiflex

    Hi guys, I was tinkering with my portable again when I wondered if, after all these years, I could finally break down the compatibility barrier between GC+ and GCVideo. I started by modifying the GC+ and actually had some success—I managed to open the OSD menu (using the L2 button injection...
  15. Luigid

    Maximize consumption – PCB simplification - ZJ050NA-08C

    Driven by curiosity, I gave it a try using a module I had on hand—it took just a few minutes. It isn't the ideal choice, as it's not a pure DC-DC converter, but we can see another 27mA being saved.
  16. Luigid

    Maximize consumption – PCB simplification - ZJ050NA-08C

    Hi everyone, I had this LCD board, and in my spare time, I looked at how the components could be modified to simplify the circuit and reduce both the number and size of the components—all in a simple way: Purple box: replace the old diodes with low-voltage-drop SMD models: TOSHIBA CUS08F30,H3F...
  17. Luigid

    Ideas for replacing IC4304 in SCPH-70xxx boards with off-the-shelf parts?

    That is precisely the problem: it is a custom IC used in the 5000x Fat and 7000x Slim models. The idea might be to use two DC-DC converters plus a bypass or override for the reset pin (which is supposed to monitor the 8.5V input).
  18. Luigid

    Discussion "Bestiolino" Nano + Full New Power Management System (open source)

    Hi everyone, I’ve updated the second post with all the info and the first release—let me know what you think and if you’ll be using it! GitHub
  19. Luigid

    Solved The motherboard suddenly went black screen.

    I always understood that if the encoder wasn't present and wasn't communicating via I2C, the console wouldn't boot, similar to the Ethernet controller, but things actually seem different. Thanks for sharing this!
  20. Luigid

    Solved The motherboard suddenly went black screen.

    Basically a soldering gun—it's strange that the chip was still responding to the I2C address, allowing the boot process to complete and the audio to work.
Back
Top