Yeah, motherboards are going to be the more expensive option of the two. I've been able to get two expansion paks for around $40 USD a piece. The expansion paks should be the cheaper option of the two. Just make sure you get OEM Nintendo expansion paks and not third party expansion paks as...
The only real answer for this right now is to take apart two expansion paks, use their RAM and swap out the original console's RAM, or to take apart two newer revision N64s that only have one RAM chip and swap that in place of the expansion pak RAM. There has been talk in the community of...
Not sure how this portable slid under my radar the first time. This thing is awesome! I always thought a portable Wii in a Switch type shell down to the thickness and everything would be really cool! Awesome build dude!
I seem to remember there being a function in either RVLoader or Nintendont that allows you to bind GameCube controller controls to a Wii Remote and Nunchuck. It is effectively the inverse of GC2Wiimote. I don't remember where exactly I found it, but I thought it was worth mentioning here in...
This doesn't seem like it's all that complicated of an object to 3D model. I don't have one of these otherwise I'd offer to make a model of it for you.
I don't think you'll need to worry about that nunchuk PCB going anywhere, but I would recommend trying double sided tape sometime. You can get it strong enough to where something like this won't come loose too easily, but you can still get it off if you really want to (I.E. use a bit of IPA)...
It's been quite some time since I've worked on this. I kind of lost motivation to work on this project while I was waiting for the board scans from either @CrazyGadget or @YveltalGriffin , not trying to throw shade or anything, just kind of how things played out. Anyway, I recently got the...
This is a pretty neat mod! Reminds me a fair bit of Wesk's PS2 Ultra Slim. Did you have any plans with the additional cooling? Or was it just for the sake of improving the console's thermals? It's really neat to see someone doing all these kinds of enhancements to a slim model! I know that...
The USB port just passes straight through to the player 1-4 points on the motherboard. There is no micro controller or anything, this does mean that the hub is only compatible with my unit and wouldn't realistically work on a PC or anything like that. If you're talking about the female port as...
Have you verified that the speakers are making proper contact with the controller boards? I had to manually hand wire mine since mine weren't. To that end, have you also tried wiring directly to the speakers?
Ah the dreaded roach Wii... Sorry you have to deal with that on your first go around. From what I can tell, your via soldering for U10 looks surprisingly good especially for a first time! The U10 relocation itself does have room for improvement, but still looks decent enough. Have you tested...
I did also want to say that I've been able to get IR LED receivers to work with IR remotes through the shell of a portable without drilling any holes and even without a transparent shell. I can't say for sure that it would work (at least, not well) when using a Wii remote, but I did want to say...
Wanted to update this thread with some commissions I've done over the past year or so.
Here's another Ashida shell I did for someone a few months back:
Here's an N64HH shell commission I also did a little while back:
Finally, I made this one for myself because I wanted to see how...
To connect the Wii remote to the console in the first place, you'll need to do a bluetooth relocation (just mentioning this in case you aren't already aware). For the sensor bar itself, you'll need some infrared LEDs to place inside the console. The Ashida doesn't have a place for you to put...
If this happened, your solder joints were probably cold to begin with! You should be able to move the wires sideways - relative to their length - and feel noticeable resistance, especially near the solder joint. If you don’t, or if a wire comes loose while you’re cleaning off the flux, the joint...
Other user-friendly builds are the G-Boy and G-Wii. There's also @Xenii 's Xii-Boy which is essentially a much more streamlined version of the G-Boy with almost no wires. Really it's up to you what you want to make. The Ashida is the most user-friendly build at the moment though.
Real...
Some people still opt to relocate MX for games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon Channel that utilize the RTC. I seem to remember hearing that Aurelio may be adding in proper RTC support without requiring an MX relocation, but that's just pure speculation. Even if it does get added, this is...
I always thought a Wii U DS style portable would be neat! Any word on whether this project will have touch screen support? I seem to remember the Wii U having a touch screen although I'm not sure it goes used outside of UI navigation. Looking forward to seeing where this project goes!