Search results

  1. JamesPi

    Worklog New to Wii potabilization

    Awesome, can't wait to hear more. Good luck!
  2. JamesPi

    Worklog New to Wii potabilization

    Hi Garrett, welcome to the BitBuilt community! I'm glad you're now able to make your childhood dream of creating a portable Wii come true. I can tell you that the feeling when it all finally works will absolutely be worth the long wait. This project is totally doable by determined beginners...
  3. JamesPi

    Xii-Boy Ultra REV 2

    Alright, so I don't believe it would work just because of the tight clearance needed around the screw posts at the top. We suggest cutting diagonally on the trim in order to ensure that there's room for the screw posts, but ohkin's trims all seem very boxy (see attached files.) Obviously it...
  4. JamesPi

    Xii-Boy Ultra REV 2

    Yeah, totally! That's why I end up doing my trims. Also I'm not entirely sure if the specific version of OMGWTF that ohkin does is compatible with the XBU. I can check that for you if you'd like. Same for me, I'm really happy that we get to make Wii portablizing more accessible than it was...
  5. JamesPi

    Xii-Boy Ultra REV 2

    That's legit and run by @ohkin86 here on the forums. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you. I think trimming is part of the process though, and it's honestly quite exhilarating when the trim finally works. As far as kits go, we'll be sharing some new news soon.
  6. JamesPi

    Question Questions about wii ashida

    Those wires look way too thin to me.
  7. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Absolutely! I think I've seen you have a really nice nylon shell from PCBWay, right?
  8. JamesPi

    Xii-Boy Ultra REV 2

    Hi! Yes, you can do a DIY video out, but you would have to modify the case in some way in order to fit the port, and you'd have to use wires unless you design PCBs to make the connections. There's multiple ways to go about this, but the easiest would probably be to break out composite + audio or...
  9. JamesPi

    Looking for a GC nano V2 or/and KAWAII

    I'll send you a DM.
  10. JamesPi

    Kawaii

    Wesk's strength is generational, there's no question that his toddler would have strong teeth and crazy strength. And yes, the metal is beautiful anodized aluminum with laser etched graphics! People showed off their Kawaii shells starting here in this thread: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/posts/74201
  11. JamesPi

    [SOLD] Orange Louii w/ custom hard case & stand

    I could absolutely be wrong, but it seems to me that the Wii itself is set to 4:3 output in the settings. RVLoader seems a bit stretched, so I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  12. JamesPi

    Kawaii

    I mean the main thing is that having an external SD card would compromise on the aesthetics, which are a huge priority with this project. There's not really air flow inside the unit, the CPU and GPU are connected with thermal paste directly to the "fin half" of the shell, which then acts as a...
  13. JamesPi

    BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

    Yeah I think you have to have either a certain number of posts or a certain amount of time on the forums before you can post an image.
  14. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    The only way I can see this happening is with commissions. Even then it would be incredibly expensive, and in my opinion it would just be better to learn the skills required yourself and work your way up.
  15. JamesPi

    Model Xbox Random parts scan

    Check out his ko-fi, you can directly donate for him to scan parts.
  16. JamesPi

    Worklog Ashida Worklog

    Correct. Here's a diagram of where you can wire it to:
  17. JamesPi

    Worklog Ashida Worklog

    There shouldn't be any shorts, but if you can visibly see a short, you could always check the compendium to see what's shorting and whether or not it'll be detrimental.
  18. JamesPi

    Question Alternative soldering points for the mx chip relocation

    Well if you're going to get it working at all, this is your best bet. I'm hoping that the damaged area is just on top, because otherwise the connection is completely severed. If the trace still has some small connection to that via, you should be good. But other than that, you'd have to dig down...
  19. JamesPi

    Question Alternative soldering points for the mx chip relocation

    You can just scrape the trace of data line 14 with an xacto knife or something similar, being careful not to scrape any ground or other traces, then just tin that and solder to it. You want to scrape it further down so you have room to try again if you mess up.
  20. JamesPi

    Worklog Ashida Worklog

    You need a 1.8v reference line. Even though you don't have the PMS-2, the PMS-Lite uses 1.8v for i2c and maybe some other things.
Back
Top