Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog [2024 Contest Entry] PS Pocket

    We don't need your permission or anybody else's to swap chips between boards, you clown. Once we purchase boards they are ours to use, modify, or destroy as we please. Stop passive-aggressively threatening Drew and the community with inane legalese bullshit.
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Baby's First Portable: SNESpresso

    SNESpresso is a really cool name! Rolls off the tongue
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS3 R&D Thread

    BadWDSD enables noWifi + no BT through qCFW. So it'll be a persistent softmod unlike HEN and won't require internet connectivity to enable or set the time. In general on both HEN and (q)CFW, you need to relicense installed content using rap files to avoid the date/time sync error. MrMario2011...
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Question Design challenge: connecting 12 Wiis to HDMI as cheaply as possible

    The cheapest and easiest solution is a bunch of Wii2HDMI converters. AliExpress ($3.26) Amazon ($8) ElectronWarp ($24) These convert 480i/480p component to HDMI and are totally plug and play. If you set the Wiis to 480p mode, they should be lagless. VGA patches aren't ideal for your usecase...
  5. YveltalGriffin

    G-Boy 480p IPS+RVL-DD image retention

    Hi, it's likely your Wii is outputting 480i. The bob deinterlacing RVL-DD performs produces a 30Hz flicker, which causes image retention. First, confirm that MODE (TP47) is connected to 3.3V. Then you can use Settings Editor GUI to enable 480p. (For some reason, RVLoader's 480p mode injection...
  6. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Ramslot & Ramcard

    I had an idea for a low-profile, swappable jumper pak / expansion pak for N64 portables. This would give builders the best of both worlds: a low power jumper pak for the vast majority of the library, and the ability to plug in the power-hungry expansion pak when needed for Majora, DK64, and...
  7. YveltalGriffin

    GC Nano - The Worlds Smallest Gamecube

    Thundervolt 1 and Thundervolt Lite are 100% functionally identical. Lite just has a revised PCB layout to make it cheaper
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Where can I buy dalian 4" screen?

    I don't see it on any West-facing storefronts, but you can still buy it on Taobao. GDN-D43AT-GTM040HS Search for the part number or scan that picture with the Taobao app and it'll take you right to the listing. Alternatively, you can email Good Display and buy one that way...
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    The bottom mask layer is not missing, it's just empty, because there are no soldermask openings on the underside of the board. You can tell JLC:
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Thanks for your patience, everyone! All Kawaii shells have been shipped out. USPS picked up the last batch on Saturday, so please allow a few days for the tracking to update. Can't wait to see the finished units you guys build! You're welcome! Great pics, you really captured the pearlescent...
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Release Dreamcast Controller Emulator

    All analog joysticks (Playstation, Xbox, GameCube, Wii Classic / Nunchuk, Switch Joycon, PSP, Vita, 3DS sliders, etc) work with MaplePad. You must enter the menu with Y + Start and run the stick and trigger calibration routines for the sticks and triggers to work. In the future, please open an...
  12. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I'm back from China! I was there for work and took the opportunity to travel to Suzhou to meet @Ding, see his shop, and pay for the Kawaii shells. This batch has laser-etched CPU and GPU contact surfaces for optimal thermal transfer. Sincere thanks to @Ding and his wife for all their hard...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    My trip to China to procure the shells has been delayed to mid-August. If you preordered a shell, you can expect it to be shipped by the end of August. Progress pic, courtesy of @Ding
  14. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    Finally, an update! After my last post, I added some additional circuitry for the addressable RGB status LED, and then ordered the boards. The bare boards alone ended up being like $500! Tariffs made using JLC PCBA unreasonably expensive. The controller flexes came out well. Donor SNES...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Thanks, I'm glad you like it! You can purchase some of the PCBs, like Thundervolt, AVEflex, and nandFlex on my store. I have no plans to sell the other PCBs or complete kits. This has been mentioned before, but Kawaii is not a good first Wii project. I'd check out the Noldendo instead and work...
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    A very limited number of Kawaii shells are available for preorder on my store, Flashfire. These are empty aluminum housings only— no Wii, no PCBs, no screws, no dock. Shells are expected to be picked up the first weekend of August and shipped to buyers the following week. Please do not order...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    The Kawaii has been released! Here's the Cutting Edge post in case you missed it. Ding and I are discussing the logistics. A group buy would probably be limited to around 10 shells, and restricted to active community members. In parallel I'm putting together some technical drawings to...
  18. YveltalGriffin

    Kawaii

    OPEN SOURCE ON GITHUB! Kawaii is a functional metal Nintendo Wii keychain created by @YveltalGriffin, @Wesk and @Ding. It's a technical tour de force that prioritizes aesthetics over practicality, and fully utilizes the OMEGA trim. Kawaii may be the zenith of Wii portablizing as an artform...
  19. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I took a break from projects for a while, but I'm back and preparing for the release of the Kawaii. This weekend I tested the new RGB LED PCB, which has an ATtiny1616 and six SK6805-EC15 addressable LEDs. It's adhered to the rear shell with super strong 3M 300LSE tape. The LEDs...
  20. YveltalGriffin

    melonHD

    Some folks in the Discord didn't know that melonHD is available for purchase, because I only posted about it in the Flashfire thread. Well, it is! melonHD is now available on Flashfire! melonHD comes fully assembled and preflashed. -----> https://flashfi.re
Back
Top