Recent content by cy

  1. cy

    The Sega Mega Gear - Giant grown up Game Gear

    Yooo this looks awesome! Also seeing it next to the "Game Man" is hilarious and beautiful, It's a super clever name and really gave me a chuckle! The shell quality on this thing looks OEM! We really need more portables of Sega consoles like this. Super cool overall!
  2. cy

    Worklog [FINISHED] Ps2P DONE

    Neat project! Gives me Wii-U Gamepad vibes. There aren't many portables with untrimmed motherboards out there, so seeing something that doesn't require permanently modifying a motherboard is super neat! What sort of battery life does it have? How many 21700s did you put in it? How big is...
  3. cy

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    Looks beautiful dude! So cool seeing this in action! Love the PCB art you did, the black outline on a white background really gives it a nice manga look!
  4. cy

    New Ashida "Neo" Build - Need Help!

    Glad to see that fixed it!
  5. cy

    New Ashida "Neo" Build - Need Help!

    Maybe the ribbon cable isn't sitting straight in the connector and some of the pins are shorting? In situations like these I always like to check the main voltage the screen takes in and make sure it isn't shorted to ground. These ribbon cables are sensitive, and I've gotten screens before...
  6. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Rev 2

    Update time... A lot has happened with this project since my last post. I acquired the proper ribbon cable, and I was able to confirm that the pinout with the flipped ribbon cable is indeed correct! It's really nice that such a major mistake could be fixed so easily! So I got to testing...
  7. cy

    Completed [2026 Summer contest] GBAWii4 & Wii Pico, a redesigned Wii motherboard in a GBA Cartridge

    Holy cow man! Amazing to see this actually working! Incredible work!
  8. cy

    Maximize consumption – PCB simplification - ZJ050NA-08C

    Super cool idea! Looking forward to seeing how much you can shrink this down! Would be really cool to work this into AIO projects, but running the screen more efficiently and having a smaller footprint would also be really nice!
  9. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Rev 2

    It's update time! The boards arrived in the mail: This was my first time ordering in white and blue from JLC. I thought a nice red, white, and blue color scheme would be nice for this. As you may have noticed, I opted to have the motherboard partially pre-assembled by JLC. Doing so was...
  10. cy

    Question safely removing cpu and coprocessor

    On my hot air station I go full 450c with the highest airflow setting. You just gotta blast that thing before the motherboard becomes too much of a heatsink. And try not to turn any aluminum capacitors into rocket ships in the process. This should go without saying, but obviously you want to...
  11. cy

    Release IndigoGC Theme for RVLoader 2.1

    This is a really fancy cool theme! The only thing I don't like about making full on proper themes is the difficulty in maintaining them with updates. Maybe one of these days I should look into writing a bash script that would update the themes automatically or something. Really awesome...
  12. cy

    Solved Ashida right speaker issue

    Did you bridge J3 like it says to on the 4layer website?
  13. cy

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    I didn't realize you had modeled your own connector when you were showing it off the other day. That looks super clean dude!
  14. cy

    Question trimmed wii weird RGB pattern on video and wont boot

    U10 strikes again! I knew it had to be U10! Nice work dude! Good to see this resolved!
  15. cy

    Question trimmed wii weird RGB pattern on video and wont boot

    This is a tough one. You appear to have done your due diligence - trim resistances look good, u10 is relocated, wire gauge is large enough (although it wouldn't hurt to shorten the exposed part of some of these a tad bit). The NAND traces don't look like they've been trimmed through or...
Back
Top