Question Why is my Wii's video output extremely fuzzy and black?

I ve been working on a Wii laptop and i wanted it to display on a 7 inch car monitor and also have TV output. So i added a switch to the screen's ground so it could be turned off so the video could go out to a TV. But when it does the display is extremely distorted and black. Im assuming the switch should be on the video connection instead of the screen's ground?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I ve been working on a Wii laptop and i wanted it to display on a 7 inch car monitor and also have TV output. So i added a switch to the screen's ground so it could be turned off so the video could go out to a TV. But when it does the display is extremely distorted and black. Im assuming the switch should be on the video connection instead of the screen's ground?
Can you please post a picture of what the screen is doing and also of your setup? :)

JacksonS

Portables
You should either switch the power to the screen or switch the video signal to the screen. It's better to keep ground connected.

Thanks guys i just solved it, it was the TV i was using and i did switch the switch connections to video instead of ground