Question Video not working

Portables
I somehow bricked my 6 layer wii board, the green light is green but I get no video signal.
Yesterday I noticed a thread about a 6 layer board cut..
I want to try it out but as stated in the thread the Wii won't boot without this firmware installed.
So my question: How do I install this after the cut?
(My Wii is already softmodded.)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Have you cut your board yet? It is easiest to troubleshoot with an uncut board. If you can, try plugging in the wifi/bluetooth modules again and see if it boots. Also, where did you get to in the install process before it stopped working?

Portables
Have you cut your board yet? It is easiest to troubleshoot with an uncut board. If you can, try plugging in the wifi/bluetooth modules again and see if it boots. Also, where did you get to in the install process before it stopped working?
Thank you for your reply.
I haven't cut the board yet, only removed connectors (power, usb, a/v, gc mem, gcc).
Then I cut the connector from the yellow composite video cable and wired it to connector 3 video / 5 ground.
Did the same with the power cable and wired it to the power connector.

I haven't seen this board working after removing the connectors.
Did the same with my other board and that one is working.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I'm not sure what you plan on doing with a board with no video... Cutting it won't bring it back, and if you're sure you're soldering to the right spots, I dunno why it won't work. Pictures help. Also, check for continuity between your video output and ground. If it's shorted, that would be your problem.

Portables
I'm not sure what you plan on doing with a board with no video... Cutting it won't bring it back, and if you're sure you're soldering to the right spots, I dunno why it won't work. Pictures help. Also, check for continuity between your video output and ground. If it's shorted, that would be your problem.
I think it's shorted that's why I thought it would be a good idea to cut it. Anyway going to get a new multimeter and check for continuity. Will post pictures if it still doesn't work.