Question USB game loading: LoaderGX vs Hiidra

So, today I tried removing the disc drive from my wii mini to free some space for some mods I want to makr and everything worked fine until I tried to load a game with USBLoaderGX. I get the "An error has occured, eject the disc drive yadda yadda" error and the wii just hangs. Why does loader gx require the disc drive and would Hiidra be able to work with this once released? Also, can someone explain why the disc drive clicks when returning to the menu/loading any channel? Thanks in advance.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
d2x cIOSes implements only some of the disc drive calls, while the others are left to the stock IOS module to be handled, which fails when no disc drive is connected.
Hiidra doesn't need the disc drive, but I have never tried it on a Wii Mini.
The clicks you hear are given by the laser head being moved as a self check when the disc drive is reset.

d2x cIOSes implements only some of the disc drive calls, while the others are left to the stock IOS module to be handled, which fails when no disc drive is connected.
Hiidra doesn't need the disc drive, but I have never tried it on a Wii Mini.
The clicks you hear are given by the laser head being moved as a self check when the disc drive is reset.
Thanks for the reply. So Hiidra uses a cIOS that has all the calls patched? I will try it on the mini once it comes out. There shouldn't be any problem with it though. Also does neek work the same way? Will portablizemiiv1 work too? I assume so if the nowifi ios is installed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hiidra implements all the needed calls, yes. Hiidra relies on some IOS modules being installed on the Wii, so I am not sure it will work on the Mini. Maybe I will try it eventually, but I don't really care about that. Not sure about PMv1, but I guess neek should boot.

Okay I see. Thanks again and I will try PM with nowifi once I look a bit more into what potential differences of the original Wii and the mini it relies on.

Ceirt

Thanks for the reply. So Hiidra uses a cIOS that has all the calls patched? I will try it on the mini once it comes out. There shouldn't be any problem with it though. Also does neek work the same way? Will portablizemiiv1 work too? I assume so if the nowifi ios is installed.
w
Hi there, don't know if this could help you but the wii mini uses a diferent cIOS , Leseratte’s d2xl cIOS (https://github.com/Leseratte10/d2xl-cios) which is a hex edit cios xD.

i have a wii mini too so... if you need to try something i can help with that.

w
Hi there, don't know if this could help you but the wii mini uses a diferent cIOS , Leseratte’s d2xl cIOS (https://github.com/Leseratte10/d2xl-cios) which is a hex edit cios xD.

i have a wii mini too so... if you need to try something i can help with that.
I am on the Wii mini discord and I have d2xl. It has been proven though that slight hardware changes such as soldering a wifi card on can make the wii mini act just like a normal wii. Heck, even the Wii's SM can work! Thanks for pointing it out though.

Ceirt

I am on the Wii mini discord and I have d2xl. It has been proven though that slight hardware changes such as soldering a wifi card on can make the wii mini act just like a normal wii. Heck, even the Wii's SM can work! Thanks for pointing it out though.
i didn't knew that (wifi card), can i have the discord invite link , please :D