Question USB Charging on portable Wii

Most of the recent wii portables I've been seeing are using USB charging. How is that working, and is there a new charging solution I don't know about? Is it just using a step up converter to be able to charge with 5v? Also I've had it up to here with the PTHs and if there's any other way (if Noah can hook me up with a PowerMii for example) to get the correct voltage outputs that would be swell.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Most of the recent wii portables I've been seeing are using USB charging. How is that working, and is there a new charging solution I don't know about? Is it just using a step up converter to be able to charge with 5v? Also I've had it up to here with the PTHs and if there's any other way (if Noah can hook me up with a PowerMii for example) to get the correct voltage outputs that would be swell.
Most of the solutions involve using a 1S1P battery configuration with a custom charging and regulator board (designed to be charged from usb and the regulators are compatible with a lower battery voltage).