Question Planning on making my first wii portable and project of this kind. I want some advice

So I'm just starting out from the very beginning, no experience. I'm planning to make a Louii I've read around a bit and gathered a few preliminary sources to prepare myself for the work to come ahead (which I have absolutely 0 experience in, haven't even ever held any of the tools I'll be using for this). I got this list of parts from a post CrazyGadget made but I'm pretty sure it was in response to someone asking for help with an Ashida. I want to know if this list of parts is viable for the Louii (like if any of the wires need to be different or something). I doubt it, but I just want to be sure I'm being as cost effective as possible since it'll cost about $600 to even get started with this. I've heard the Ashida is easier to make and you can obviously get a few of the parts more easily, but I really like the form factor of the Louii instead (never really got around to even using the gamecube controller itself); it's what looks most familiar and aesthetically pleasing to me. I'd appreciate if y'all were to suggest some crucial bits of info I could use going into this, and also your opinions on me taking on this project. Do you think it can be done with this little experience? Should I maybe take a few extra steps before leaping into this? Should I try to make the Ashida instead?

Portables
1 (In Progress)
$600 is not even CLOSE to enough (assuming you dont have the tools, they're around $350-400 on their own)
however if you do have all the tools yes it will be around $600

Is that price including the shell? Because that is something I have the resources to make myself for cheap. With the supplies provided in that list and the parts for the build I've seen for sale it only seems about $600 but maybe I'm missing some crucial tools and components in this. I've also already got a wii to use for it, so that is something I also save on (given I don't obliterate the components in my attempt).

E-M-I

600-400 range should be the price for your parts really depends where you get them and if you have tools (Good temperature controlled soldering iron, multimeter, solder wire, etc) but what is the most expensive stuff of the build is the screen and custom pcbs most stuff tends to be cheap but again it just depends where ya get them from and other factors but your prob in the right price change since for the portable alone and its parts it should be around 400~
I myself have yet to build a portable (I’m in the stage of rounding up money for parts)

I'm realizing I may need to spend a bit more now looking at the electronics videos posted, but a lot of those parts are something I may be able to get from family members, so I may even save money if I'm keen about it. It's a bit daunting but I know that these tools and parts will pay for themselves as I do more and more projects.

E-M-I

Sounds good! Watching videos and reading is the best thing you can do as you gather money for your parts and ultimately you can choose if you want to lower the price of certain things (mainly thinking of lower quality screen) but just remember when you’re going to buy your tools buy nice or you’ll have to buy twice (what I have to do now lol) some good soldering irons are WLC-100 Hakko FX-888D and the one I’m going to buy Pine 64 Pinecil (Its been recommended to me and it seems like a really good product for the price when I buy it I can make a review for you)

I'll look into those products, and I likely won't start ordering until I've researched a bit more so I'll be looking forward to your review.