Pi Monitor Screen "VGA" port?

So, I got a screen I'd like to use for a portable (a Wesk Party-Box attempt), and the online listing shows that it supports VGA input. But, when it arrived and I took a look at it, the VGA port doesn't look like a VGA port...
pi monitor vga.jpg

It looks to me like a mini-HDMI...or am I wrong? Has anyone seen a VGA port like this? And if so, how would I go about checking that the screen/driver board truly supports VGA? Because, if it doesn't, I'm likely going to return it. Which is a bummer. I tested the screen with the standard HDMI cable and the size and resolution look great.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah that's a mini HDMI port, you might have been juked. The only way to check is to open the case up and inspect the PCB

Adan

Portables
It might be just meaning what VGA stands for and not an actual VGA port. miniHDMI is technically a video graphics array interface.

this may be a dumb comment, but there are mini hdmi to vga adaptors, however im assuming you want some of the VGA format specs rather than it being transcoded from hdmi?
(apologies, im defo a noob in terms of console mods etc)

I only really needed the Driver Board to be capable of VGA so it could be used with a Wii (after enabling VGA when installing RVLoader). I just needed a convenient way to test if that was truly VGA or not.

I looked into if there was a cable that went from mini-HDMI to VGA and it looked like there were some cables that fit the bill, but I didn't want to order one just to check the functionality of this screen, so I ultimately returned the screen and bought a different one that ended up working well.