Worklog My first portable Wii worklog: the WiiDS

so guys I am building my first portable Wii called the WiiDS because the design is going to be off of the OG 2ds but no second screen.
here is the list of my items to make this work so far:
a knockoff GameCube controller (I found this cheap at a nearby retro games store)
a 3.5 inch raspberry pi screen it was only 35 Aussie dollars and if this doesn't work i've also got a tablet i can use the screen of
a Wii with RVLoader flashed on it
a 16GiB USB (small as I only want some childhood favoroute's on it)
a 0 phillips screwdriver
some scissors
I do not have a Y0 triwing screwdriver yet
and thats all. if theres any other parts I need let me know and I will buy it (preferably Aussie parts or parts not sold out)

ok so I just found out I need a Wii power management system. do any of you guys know where I could buy that

do you guys know where to get a Y0 triwing screwdriver.
also a nice screen for the portable.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
do you guys know where to get a Y0 triwing screwdriver.
also a nice screen for the portable.
Amazon and Ebay have several options for triwing screwdrivers. As for the screen, that depends on if you want VGA or not. There are heaps of cheap composite only 3.5" screens, but only a couple of good VGA ones

Amazon and Ebay have several options for triwing screwdrivers. As for the screen, that depends on if you want VGA or not. There are heaps of cheap composite only 3.5" screens, but only a couple of good VGA ones
I would like a cheap composite screen for the project anywhere form 3.5" to 5" screen. but I will buy a screwdriver from here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/134285997137 thank you for the suggestion. if you have any idea where to get a composite screen appropriate for the portable please let me know:)

okay so ive got $100 extra so could people please tell me where to get a affordable screen and custom regulator:)

Good luck, this sounds similar to me 3ds style (also named the wiids) I'd b happy to share notes and compare solutions to problems

Good luck, this sounds similar to me 3ds style (also named the wiids) I'd b happy to share notes and compare solutions to problems
PLEASE DO this would help me immensely like I need to know how to wire the screen and batteries and other stuff