Solved How do I remove the gc memory card slot on the Wii

I decided on doing a Wii micro as a first Wii project and something interesting I noticed with the trim is it leaves part of where the GC memory card slot would go and as a result, it requires the removal of the GC memory card slot. Though I am unsure of how I'm supposed to do this and I haven't seemed to find any tutorials on the matter. Can I please get any tips on how I'm supposed to remove this big honking thing?

MP3

Portables
I like to flow some fresh leaded solder into all the pins, then use my hot air station at ~400C for a couple minutes. Then I start putting a little pressure on it with some pliers and it'll come right out.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I decided on doing a Wii micro as a first Wii project and something interesting I noticed with the trim is it leaves part of where the GC memory card slot would go and as a result, it requires the removal of the GC memory card slot. Though I am unsure of how I'm supposed to do this and I haven't seemed to find any tutorials on the matter. Can I please get any tips on how I'm supposed to remove this big honking thing?
You can use a rotary tool/coping saw and/or pliers/wirecutters to break it up into small bits. Once the frame is gone, you can either desolder the pins, or wiggle them back and forth until they snap off at the base.

Just be careful not to damage anything else