Search results

1. vikMKW

Question No video output

My trim does not output video. The CPU & GPU gradually heat up, and I haven't left it on for more than a minute. PM didn't appear after 15 seconds. Before trimming, I successfully booted into PM after relocation U10 and removing the wifi module. Each line resistance was as follows: I'm using...
  2. vikMKW

Worklog Toshiiba

Background Wii laptops were popular among early modders and beginners, like myself, but all attempts I've perused were incomplete, dated, or were not portable (i.e. tethered to wall power). I don’t stand a chance against this year's unique ideas and skilled modders, but I hope to take the title...
  3. vikMKW

Question Gamecube Port PCB

Background I'd like to make a PCB for the gamecube ports. Measured the pin pitch and connector spacing as best I could. I believe I got within an acceptable margin. Printing the layout onto paper before manufacturing the PCB saves time and money! I've attached a PDF file with my dimensions for...
  4. vikMKW

Solved SSD vs Flash Drive

Preparing to build a wii laptop. Since the most recommended Samsung flash drive is not sold anymore and space is not a concert, I'm considering using a 2.5" SSD. I presume the power draw would be greater than that of a flash drive, so I'd need to crunch some numbers. I'm also unsure if the...
  5. vikMKW

Question Custom charge and play PCB

My goal is to achieve automatic & continuous charge and play when an external PSU is connected. I’ve been digging up peoples’ solutions, and there are some sophisticated ones (i.e. USB-C PD)! I’d like to implement a simpler solution using dedicated Power Path ICs. Since what I want is...