Search results

  1. RoseDagger

    Question Looking to build a portable

    For power management and other secondary parts, I would recommend https://4layertech.com/ , and depending on your build if you want hdmi out or other more advanced features then I would also suggest looking at https://electron-shepherd.com/store/ And for batteries, looking at this guide...
  2. RoseDagger

    Question Wii plays VC and it shows up like this. how to fix

    Hmmm, are you sure about the 4 voltage pins? I see that you have connected pin 24 and 25 together, though you are not powering them directly based on your images. Pin 27 and 17 are connected on the internal 3.3v plane on the mx pcb, but 25 is not connected directly to the 3.3v plane, but rather...
  3. RoseDagger

    Question Install RVloader without the original psu and cables

    I'm rather sure that you need a wii remote to interact with the stock wii os to install the RVLoader, so you can't just use a gc controller until after you have already softmodded it. Soldering a wire to the multi-out to get composite out is rather easy and should not present much issues as...
  4. RoseDagger

    Question Wii2Hdmi Internal mod !

    @MichaelEpicA Lol I didn't check the original date of the OP's post, it's old and irrelevant by a user that has not been active since February, please don't dig up and revive old threads, especially when you don't have anything relevant to contribute that will significantly help others. It's the...
  5. RoseDagger

    Question Wii2Hdmi Internal mod !

    Btw, you are in the wrong section, handheld is for gameboys and things that are already handhelds, you should be in the Wii section. Something like this one would be more efficient, smaller, and higher quality than the wii2hdmi https://electron-shepherd.com/analog2hdmi/ And here is the wii...
  6. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    So I have continued on the pcbs learning more about kicad and how to work with schematics and so on. I have both sides and everything wires up, and the ground planes stitch together (all the random vias are to connect the different sections of the ground plane, ended up going with more...
  7. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    So it has been a bit slow going as there is less low-hanging mindless fruit that I can do while doing other things. The main goal for this section was to do custom pcbs for the side portions, but I have only made the right side so far, though it is the most complicated one. It contains A, B, X...
  8. RoseDagger

    Solved RVL-PMS 2; some rails giving off wrong voltage

    You have the LDO still on, (the big chip between where you soldered 3.3v and 1.8v) The LDO supplies 1.8v itself from the 3.3v input, so either you have to remove the 1.8v wire you have added letting the LDO do its job, or you remove the LDO and supply the 1.8v from the PMS. You cant have both at...
  9. RoseDagger

    Solved RVL-PMS 2; some rails giving off wrong voltage

    What is a little? Check the battery voltage when nothing is connected/on and make sure the battery is above 3.7V, preferably more like 4 - 4.2V. I ran into a similar issue when my battery was low and my wires were too thin, making the voltage drop worse. I used a relatively weak charger that I...
  10. RoseDagger

    Solved PMS not outputting voltage when 3.3v or 1.8v is connected on cut wii

    Yes, using a higher gauge wire, especially to the battery, worked. The wires from the battery caddy were even thinner than the ones I had used to connect to the wii. So with a battery that was not fully charged and voltage drops in the thin wires and the extra load from the wii compared to just...
  11. RoseDagger

    Solved PMS not outputting voltage when 3.3v or 1.8v is connected on cut wii

    Thanks, I'll get the correct size immediately. Hmm, when I ordered the cables I ordered 0.6mm which was supposed to be 22awg I thought, but apparently, that was the size of the whole cable with insulation and not the copper itself, I forgot to confirm the size of the copper until the post...
  12. RoseDagger

    Solved PMS not outputting voltage when 3.3v or 1.8v is connected on cut wii

    Soooo, I went a bit zealous when sanding down my wii, to get it to fit within the footprint of the display driver board. I had looked at the LMAO and OMEGA trims and the compendium to see if it felt safe, but I fully accept if I went too far without realizing it. So connecting the PMS and PD...
  13. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    Well, it's been a short while since the last update. Have been slowly modifying the case, spending a lot of time very slowly sanding down the pieces to fit each other with high grit sandpaper. though the fits aren't perfect, I ended up giving up on the precision needed for perfect fits. Have...
  14. RoseDagger

    Solved Stacking several smaller LiPo batteries or finding the perfect sized one?

    Thanks, that is really reassuring to know. I'll just continue using my 18650 battery as a test battery until I'm ready to install all the LiPos as a single battery pack and be careful of the wiring.
  15. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    I see, thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Though as I want to maintain the translucent purple of the case, I don't think I can use it much for this project.. I'm more likely to order more shells and cut out what I need from them. Though I think I'll be able to stay within the double GBA shells and...
  16. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    I have been using a really good plastic-specific super glue so far, that I have used for repairs, other projects and stuff before, though I was a bit worried that it won't be strong enough with so little surface area, especially on the joint front panels. So I'll definitely look into ABS and...
  17. RoseDagger

    Solved Stacking several smaller LiPo batteries or finding the perfect sized one?

    So I discovered in my work log/contest entry that I won't be able to fit the regular 18650 batteries I had planned, and started looking at LiPo batteries. While looking at eBay for batteries in all different sizes I started wondering whether it would be better to stack multiple smaller batteries...
  18. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    So spend a good amount of time cutting and sanding down one side of the case. The front panel is cut rather thoroughly to fit the LCD, and sanded down a bit, though I will have to go over it more to get rid of some of the white cut marks, and straightening up the lines. The backside is just a...
  19. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    Sure, though I don't have a 3D printer. I could ask a colleague of mine who has one to do all the prints I need, but honestly, I don't like the look and feel of regular 3D prints all that much, and I rather wanted the look and feel of the original injection-molded translucent 90s- early 2000s...
  20. RoseDagger

    2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

    Well got around to cutting up my first Wii, which was an interesting experience. Anyway got it cut and sanded down, and checked the resistances which all were within what others have reported, though the 3.3v was a bit low with about 5.6k. The board fits nicely within the footprint of the...
Back
Top