Search results

  1. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    @DGVaniX I updated my blank post about the SD2PSX above https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/ps2-ultra-slim.5077/post-73044 if we continue further on this topic, it should go to a different thread as well.
  2. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    @DGVaniX I’ll drop this here for now, since I include this mod in a lot of my Ultra Slim builds—but if we continue we should probably go to a different thread as we may get into some details of just the BlueRetro. This isn’t the same as simply soldering in a BlueRetro Core. This is the internal...
  3. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Here is what you need to know about the SD2PSX. I posted about the Blue Retro further down. This has been an on-going project with the talented PS2 devs. You can check it out on the "PS2 Scene" discord and also the links below, a lot of information and very talented people making a lot of...
  4. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Friend you want an internal SD2PSX for this build! The Memory card is emulated with a micro controller you have almost infinate saves and can load your games via MMCE. its super cool! You dont need the MemCard/Controller ports at all
  5. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Do the Internal BlueRetro HW2 enhanced install. This way you just need to remove them. Costs any where from $15 to $40. Or get the Methylene kit from Gusse if you want it to be fast and clean.
  6. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    I haven’t come across anything myself. On a positive note, it’s great to have an abundance of 70k models, lol! Well, just my opinion.
  7. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Yea, skip the mx4sio and switch if you plan on using MMCE via MemCardPro 2, SD2PSX, or PSXMemCard Gen2. If you use a FMCB card you have USB or SMB to load backups. MMCE is even better than MX4SIO anyways. These are a lot of fun! Share pics, I'd like to see your build when you're done!!
  8. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    As far as I understand it's more to do with the over volting risk. 3A for the Ultra Slim is good. This device is nice as you can put it at the correct voltage with one board. Others have done the 9V and its been fine. For me, I prefer to stay with the OEM voltage range (just in case).
  9. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    ..and into the cart it goes!! Thanks for sharing!
  10. FatBaldDad

    Question PS2 SCPH-77004 only starts for one second

    Any progress?
  11. FatBaldDad

    Question PS2 SCPH-77004 only starts for one second

    I am following your progress with great curiosity. I have a few boards that do this and have set them aside for future endeavors like this—lol!
  12. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    LOL! Same here, many late nights.
  13. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Ah, no worries! V1.2 added the mounts for the ElectronAnalog. For the RetroGEM, you'll need to find an HDMI standard-to-mini port ribbon cable so you can mount the RetroGEM elsewhere. I haven’t done this yet, but I will at some point—I’ve already given it some thought and just wanted to share...
  14. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    V2.0 files? Where did you find those? Last rev I knew of was V1.2. Could you send a link, please?
  15. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    @Tschicki when I think of your work that you have done. The breakthroughs.
  16. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    @halfspec Well done, I like your tweaks too! Can you sink some threaded inserts into that type of plastic? That would be a nice upgrade too.
  17. FatBaldDad

    Question Power Issues on Two Boards

    Are you in a homewood?
  18. FatBaldDad

    Question Power Issues on Two Boards

    Exactly!
  19. FatBaldDad

    Question Power Issues on Two Boards

    Agreed. Maybe could help us determine if this is a reapeatable failure, might apply to other boards. Maybe even the 75k and 77k.
  20. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    no, its fine! whew I just edited this post like 5000 times I went back and looked at all my previous builds. Its good, thats how they all are and they work well. @halfspec This was me having a heart attack a moment ago when I read your post! I am not sure if Wesk designed it like that but...
Back
Top