Search results

  1. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Q: Does the SD card soldered to the memory card slot work just like a normal memory card? A: No, not like an OEM memory card. For the SD card to work, you need homebrew software—usually some sort of exploit with wLaunchELF (wLE) to browse files and OPL to launch games. Q: Does it work on...
  2. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    I’m with you on mounting it inside—I’ve got the same idea. I’m planning to drill three holes in the RF shield so the caps can clear, then make a bracket to hold it against the shield with a thermal pad.
  3. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    Wow, a lot of work is being done here—you guys are awesome! It would be great to get this nailed down into a standard install with a proper write-up. Big thanks to @GorGylka as well for all the effort. The speeds with UDPBD are looking really solid! Hopefully we can get the setup process fully...
  4. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    Yes, I now see that @Luigid used the same MX25L128 chip that I’m working with. I think the problem has to be the 5V on CS. After flashing, when I power on the board, both the red and blue LEDs just stay dim. What’s strange is that the programming software doesn’t throw any errors — it verifies...
  5. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    @moahdib I’ve been working on this for a while now without much success. I’m using the MX25L12835FM2I-10G (the newer 16 MB chip). I updated the firmware you posted for 16 MB and dumped it in, but on the A5-V11 (mini WiFi) I only get dim red and blue LEDs—I assume it’s not booting properly...
  6. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    I asked about nhddl and nuetrino with udpbd over at PS2 Scene Discord and I also asked about using udpbd on these mini routers over at PS Space discord. I'll report back if someone has any more information.
  7. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    I still have not done this yet, lol! Do you think that openWRT can fit on the standard flash if you set it up for udpbd? I gonna try setting this up, stock with a 2TB WD blue, Sata to USB adapter with udpbd. Then use NHDDL w/nuetrino. I am hearing that OPL will eventually be abandoned. so...
  8. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    Absuolutely fantantastic work!! Always look forward to your updates.
  9. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    Thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to give you creds in my documentation I gots some chips and a programmer on the way.
  10. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Totally worth checking this out!!
  11. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    Wow! Nice work! Could you share what you did to get the mini 3G/4G route to work with the HDD I have that same router an would like to put a 2TB in my 77k. Thanks for sharing this project, it is really cool! I came back to edit this FYI to add that it is really really cool. and that I did this
  12. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    Yes, absolutely—what @Diminuendo said. With the highest respect for your work—it's amazing because of the possibilities you're creating through what you're doing.
  13. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Nice! Thanks
  14. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Agreed. I read that too. Depending on how you use it, you can turn off the Wi-Fi—that seems to be what causes the heat. Design change (well for me, I plan on building one like this too, lol): Cut the shell completely to fit the board fully into the internal cavity of the console. Drill holes...
  15. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    I have not set it up yet but thats the idea. I want to try UDPBD as it is said to work better but I have never used UDPBD or set up SMB on this specifc router...
  16. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    I like the way you think. The sd2psx is the future. I am planning on replacing MX4SIO with SD2PSX on my builds. I had this idea today, think Im going to give it a go. Even if you did not use the mSD to USB you still could have a wireless Ultra. That router could fit in there real nice, maybe?
  17. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    I like this feature. What could one store in there?
  18. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Nice, thank you for sharing! In addition, consider mounting the piece piece you cut off with a USB drive then solder the vreg and the data lines back in. You can update the files with the external port that remains. There are pics in previous posts in this topic. Such a fun little project...
  19. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Wiring a wireless Guitar Hero Guitar

    @Legend how’s this project coming along? I found this thread while researching a little project I’ve been thinking about. I’d like to take a wired PS2 Guitar Hero controller and add Bluetooth support using the internals from a PS2/3/4 controller. Logically, if you can play GH with a standard...
  20. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Right on! Same with the SD2PSX as well. Im in tbe process uof updating all my ultras with the sd2psx.
Back
Top