Search results

  1. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    I will keep filling in the above worklog but for now here are some pics. I have it finished. Here is pictures of the final build!!
  2. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Final Thoughts and Conclusion
  3. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - mSD Setup/Config for MMCE
  4. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Shell Aesthetics
  5. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Internal PSX MemCard Gen2
  6. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Internal BlueRetro HW2 Install
  7. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Internal BlueTooth Audio
  8. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - ElectronAnalog HDMI Adapter
  9. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    RESERVED - Inernal USB
  10. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    Power / Reset Button The mushy lid switch had to go and was replaced with a tactile push button. When using the lid switch, the unit would sometimes reset if you simply bumped the console — very annoying. This particular board still had the lid switch present, so I was able to simply remove it...
  11. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    The Trim - GASP!! This post isn’t really part of the worklog — it’s more of a public service announcement, and maybe a little bit of me tooting my own “I’m so awesome, this is what I do” horn… lol. Besides the fact that this build removes the optical drive, it also trims off a USB port. That...
  12. FatBaldDad

    Worklog FBD008-Ultra Slim

    The FBD008-Ultra — Defining the Build This build started when I had the opportunity to put together an Ultra Slim PS2 for someone and realized it would be the perfect excuse to finally attempt a fully internal SD2PSX build. The project began modestly enough: I sold a prepped SCPH-79001 board on...
  13. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    Yes it is.
  14. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    @GorGylka yeah! that theme is awesome, what one is that?
  15. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    @moahdib Ha! I keep coming back to this thread for information. I am working on building the PSX Mem Card gen2 using a RP2040 Zero dev board but with out the display. Thank you for sharing your work! So much fun!
  16. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    Are you looking to build a handheld? It seems like you would just get a 70k at that point. UDPBD from GorGlyka's project is as fast as loading from a disc and you get the conveniance of a ssd/hdd. I think that we would someday be building new PS2s with Tschicki's work done here. Well if he...
  17. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    @RootedToTheRoots If you have a deckard check out these methods in addition to this thread: - Multi-Purpose Memory Card Emulators (MMCE) - GorGylka's A5-V11 UDPBD project. https://github.com/GorGylka/UDPBD-A5-V11
  18. FatBaldDad

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    Sony actually removed those components/traces from the newer PS2 models, specifically the Deckard revisions (SCPH-75xxx through 90xxx). Yeah, this is the thread to watch!!
  19. FatBaldDad

    Mini PS2 Slim Build

    @GorGylka well done, your work was posted in #news over at the PS2 Scene discord!!!
  20. FatBaldDad

    PS2 Ultra Slim

    change of plans, i now have a ps2, 77004 and a 90004, Are you planning on building an ultra slim? can i use the sd card trick, basically solder an sd card internally to the second memcard slot and have a card running... fmcb? Yes, solder the SD to mem card slot 2. Then in slot 1 use a OEM mem...
Back
Top