Search results

  1. Shank

    Question GameCube Platinum Color

    I think this one's going to be a little tricky. I don't think it's just a specific color, but the paint they use on the controller (platinum cubes and controllers are grey but painted) has a metallic sheen to it. I would guess some sort of hammered metallic silver paint is going to be what you...
  2. Shank

    Question Increasing vram on pi for emulation

    I'm not too deep into the world of Pis, but from my understanding, emulation is usually more CPU intensive than GPU intensive. A primary VRAM guzzler in gaming is to store bigger, higher resolution textures, which isn't particularly relevant for emulation. I believe the Pi uses unified memory...
  3. Shank

    Discussion Ok hear me out

    I would suggest trying the current tools (RVLoader) before attempting to revolutionize the way things are done. RVLoader allows you to access everything without ever needing a Wii remote. GC2Wiimote, included in Hiidra/RVLoader, allows you to have your gamecube controller function as a Wii...
  4. Shank

    4Layer Product Line Update

    Good news! The PMS Lites have arrived. @Gman has been hard at work testing and packaging the preorder units. He expects to ship all preorders tomorrow (1/13). This batch took a little longer than we hoped due to outside circumstances, but we are grateful that everyone has stuck it out and been...
  5. Shank

    Discussion I just wanna talk about my failure of a wii

    Do these cells have any lithium protection circuitry between them and the Wii itself?
  6. Shank

    Discussion I just wanna talk about my failure of a wii

    For anyone finding this thread in the future, nothing in the initial post should be taken as accurate information. Disc drive board has nothing to do with "no emulation". SNES portables have existed for well over a decade before BitBuilt was a thing. Disc drive daughterboard board can return...
  7. Shank

    4Layer Product Line Update

    Update: The parts have been sent to the PCB assembly company and are in production
  8. Shank

    4Layer Product Line Update

    Hey all, Today we have more information on the upcoming batch of PMS Lites. Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to deliver them before the end of November like we hoped. Early on we sent some prototypes out to testers for feedback, and, long story short, they found some unexpected quirks...
  9. Shank

    All new wii trim!!!

  10. Shank

    4Layer Product Line Update

    Hello all. We have some news regarding some of our more popular products, and thought we would offer some info on our plans to keep our products in stock amidst the continued parts shortage. New RVL-PMS-Lite Revision and Backorders Summary: -New PMS-Lite revision with all the same features...
  11. Shank

    Question Building a "flight safe" wii portable?

    I've never had trouble with my portables. Often they will bug me for other things in my bags, like cookies or my laptop, but not my portables. I bring them through in a single aluminum flight case with pluck foam cutouts for all the portables. My thought process is this gives them a clear...
  12. Shank

    Question Megaman X Collection No Video USA version

    My understanding is that game runs in 240p. Not many screens/devices accept a 240p signal through vga.
  13. Shank

    Solved Is my wii fried, and if not how do I fix this

    If it's 3.1v on the input, something is wrong. Did you sever the trace as recommend in the guide? The input of the u10 should be directly connected to the 3.3v rail. If your 3.3v rail is 3.1v, then your voltages aren't correct. Measure the voltages of each rail on the Wii motherboard itself...
  14. Shank

    Solved Is my wii fried, and if not how do I fix this

    Post more pictures of the board in question. Measure the voltages under load, so the voltages under load. Also, if I remember correctly, I'm not sure if the PTH regs have enough current rating to power the 1 and/or 1.15v rails. It's been years since I looked at 6 layer board stuff, but I think...
  15. Shank

    Worklog Portable Xbox 360 (slim corona)

    If the schematics are from illegally obtained/leaked documents, then they should not be shared here. As for the squiggly traces, this is for impedance/timing matching.
  16. Shank

    Worklog Portable Xbox 360 (slim corona)

    I am emotionally invested in this thread
  17. Shank

    Worklog Wii-C

    This is nuts. Looks amazing so far. Love the ffc breakout cable for the ave data lines. Few questions: 1: How heavy is that copper heatsink? 2: How well does it work? 3: How did you insulate the other electronics and pads on the PMS board from shorting on the copper heatsink?
  18. Shank

    4Layer Product Line Update

    Hello all! Today we have some news regarding the 4Layer modular product line pricing. When we started up 4Layer, a chip shortage was on the horizon, and we made a significant investment in initial inventory. Sales have exceeded our expectations, and while this is exciting for us, it also has...
  19. Shank

    Worklog Not the "Game Giir"

    As per rule 7, please host images on-site, and do not use externally uploaded images. Externally hosted images will disappear once hosting site goes rogue. See: tinypic, photobucket, and half the older threads/guides on the internet lost to time
Back
Top