Search results

  1. Shank

    Question Wii cut off not recognized gamecube controller help please

    Alrightie. Politely answering your question didn't work, so I guess it's time to take a more blunt approach... If you aren't going to listen to our advice, why bother asking? You say it "works perfectly" but it clearly doesn't or you wouldn't be having these problems. Your solder connections...
  2. Shank

    Question Wii cut off not recognized gamecube controller help please

    3.3v and GND can be obtained from wherever it is convenient, such as from your regulators themselves. The wires you are using are far too thick for what you are trying to accomplish. I recommend using thinner wire. You also shouldn't have to hot glue your wires down like that. It doesn't help...
  3. Shank

    Question Disable stock regulators to test the board

    You don't need to relocate the U10 if you don't trim the board. It will still be connected
  4. Shank

    Question Disable stock regulators to test the board

    The light turning off like that means there is some sort of voltage anomaly detected by the 2901. Its hard to tell what the issue is, and we don't really have much documentation on the Wii's voltage regulators behavior. If they detect anything slightly off, they shut off. I would suggest looking...
  5. Shank

    Custom Gamecube Memorycards (Gore!)

    Looks neat. But please reupload the images so they are hosted directly on BitBuilt. Externally hosting images is awful for content archival, as image hosting sites make changes to their policies (coughphotobucketcough)
  6. Shank

    Question Smallest possible Omgwtf trim

    Trimming smaller than the recommended trim lines is one of those things where "if you have to ask, its not for you." The more you cut off, the more things you have to troubleshoot, and the more difficult your soldering points become. If you don't have experience troubleshooting the Wii or...
  7. Shank

    Worklog The Steamii

    mmm I love me some organic geometry
  8. Shank

    melee custom gcc motherboard

    From his website: That's his price for a board installed in a controller, as well as notching services. So cost of board, cost of controller (gamecube controllers have become very expensive), cost of labor for cleaning/assembly, and cost of labor for notching. As someone who's roommate mods...
  9. Shank

    FREE FREE FREE lots of free items

    I'll take the joy con parts, psp parts, and Gameboy please!
  10. Shank

    Board scan Great Cheap 240p Line Doubler

    Did you test this, or are you only speculating? Mike's 2x circuit could not passthrough 480p. When I asked him about it, he told me the chip he used was incapable of digitizing 480p, only 15khz signals. This is why he used a different chip/circuit for his 2x multiformat. If it can pass through...
  11. Shank

    Worklog Real Boy

    Case was wet sanded with 100, 220, 500, 1000 grit sandpaper. Wetsanding in the shower is a big brain strategy. Sanding prints allows you to smooth out the lines, but leaves the case pale, white, and faded. A coating of clear coat restores it's original, vivid colors. I used matte clearcoat...
  12. Shank

    Worklog Real Boy

    Lots of wetsanding. Getting close
  13. Shank

    Worklog Real Boy

    Final PCBs, assembled and programmed. I went with red, because... well... Duh
  14. Shank

    Secret Santa 2020: Post your gifts here!

    Just got my secret Santa present from @CrazyGadget in the mail. It's a custom GameCube controller, built to my aesthetic. White front, blue back, clear blue buttons, blue and white paracord... and of course, 2 pupils. Thank you CrazyGadget. I love it!
  15. Shank

    Question I broke 2 pins on my U10

  16. Shank

    Question I broke 2 pins on my U10

    Unfortunately not. You will need to replace it. You can either use a U9, or steal one from another Wii. I believe @jefflongo found an off-the-shelf drop in replacement for it though, so he might be able to provide more information
  17. Shank

    Worklog N64-AIO

    I have also transitioned away from Kester-951, but I have switched to Kester-186. Each behaves differently and I feel like each has its own place. I feel 186 is a lot messier, and needs cleaning (even though it says no-clean), while the 951 basically disappears on its own. I still use the 951...
  18. Shank

    Worklog Real Boy

    I got an idea
  19. Shank

    Fiddlesticks’s Twilight Princess G-Boy

    Excellent job! Both the body work and paint job look excellent
Back
Top