Search results

  1. Y2K

    Worklog [2024 Contest Entry] Handheld SDVX

    Perhaps you could look at developing your own small encoders? Gamo2 on their Faucetwo controllers utilize a optical encoder (google if you're not familiar, its a neat concept) and they feel fantastic. Basically bulletproof too! I think they're better than arcade or copal encoders! It might be...
  2. Y2K

    Worklog [2024 Contest Entry] Handheld SDVX

    Love the idea! I'm also quite into rhythm games, so I'm excited to see what you come up with! If you're planning on making a portable Sound Voltex machine, I have a couple of things for you to keep in mind: The rotary encoders used for VOL-L and VOL-R need to be quite rigid or else they risk...
  3. Y2K

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    Dude I swear you are a freaking legend. How come you're not around on the Discord server? We'd love to have you there!
  4. Y2K

    Worklog N64 Micro

    To answer your question, I believe these are the correct footprints for the various major chips: CPU (QFP-120) | RCP (QFP-160) | RDRAM ("SHP-32" - I would reference the datasheets for the various RDRAM chips found on this link.) Second, in the future, please do not ask questions in someone...
  5. Y2K

    Y2K's PS2 Ultra Slim

    Wow, is this seriously my first cutting edge post?!? Hey everyone! A little less than a month ago, I was commissioned by a friend of mine to build a clear PS2 Ultra Slim with some changes. Today I'm here to show off the finished results! This has been an absolute labor of love. The PS2...
  6. Y2K

    Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

    DeepL copypasta translation: "The work you did is amazing! i was 100% amazed! reverse engineered and all that work! Now my doubt will you use 7.3v throughout the board? I have seen colleagues who ran the system at 5v and they work quite well! so study only the audio dac and joystick use 7.3v...
  7. Y2K

    Worklog [2024 Contest Entry] Project Jackknife

    That poor, poor Hollywood... What a doozy of a project, I can't wait to see what you manage to do! :D
  8. Y2K

    RVLoader v2.1

    Several of our members have upgraded to RVLoader 2.0 and are not showing a decrease in compatibility with Wii software. This to me seems like a problem that you're having specifically, rather than a problem with RVLoader itself. Care to share your setup & any other details that may help others...
  9. Y2K

    BitBuilt's 2024 Summer Building Competition

    Existing community contributions made by others that are not tailor-made to your project are fair game. The idea of rule #1 is to eliminate the possibility of someone collaborating on their contest entry with someone else, or commissioning a 3rd party person to design/build your project for you...
  10. Y2K

    Worklog [2024 Contest Entry] AutumnCart64 - a N64 Flashcart for Portables

    Hello everyone! I thought about bringing back PSXpress for this year's contest, but I'm pretty confident that I won't be able to finish it in time for this year's deadline given all that I want to do, so I came up with a new idea! The idea of a sleek & compact N64 portable has been fairly...
  11. Y2K

    Worklog [FINISHED] BrickMii: Old 2019 Portable

    Gotta love to see an old build see the light of day. Great work! :D
  12. Y2K

    Question portables that use OMEGA trims

    GAMECUBES TO GO!
  13. Y2K

    Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] DS Lite XL

    Please make your own thread if you'd like to share progress on this further, as this is very off-topic for someone else's worklog thread. Thanks!
  14. Y2K

    Short Stack - The World's Smallest Wii

    Excellent work on the build and your cutting edge post! I can't wait to build one! :D
  15. Y2K

    MGC 2024

    Man I completely forgot to undelete this thread and reformat it. Anyway I'm too lazy to format everything so here's a dump of all the images I took from 2024. See y'all at 2025!
  16. Y2K

    i has new trim!!!1

    wow dis gud, i try now
  17. Y2K

    Guide Constant Corruption & Crashes in RVLoader

    I think the best approach to confirm that this is or isn't a Wii incompatibility issue is to wire to a separate USB port instead of PMS-PD, just to eliminate any potential variables. Knowing how PMS-PD Rev 2 works with its muxing, I kinda doubt it's the issue, but you can never be too careful...
  18. Y2K

    Worklog N64 Micro

    I definitely wouldn't get discouraged, RDRAM is just stupidly sensitive haha Definitely give yourself some time and then try to get back into the fray, it's a great concept and it definitely can work, just gotta pay more attention to the RAMBUS termination!
  19. Y2K

    Wii Portable Commision

    I hate to be a negative nancy, but while your contributions are appreciated, I do not believe you are ready to start accepting commissions for something like this. Allow me to explain why. Firstly, according to CrazyGadget, you've have had to have him trim and prewire 2 trims for your existing...
  20. Y2K

    Worklog N64 Micro

    Perhaps it could be related to how you're terminating the RDRAM? That part is fairly sensitive, possibly something to look into.
Back
Top