Search results

  1. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    The 1.0 release of OpeN64 is live and can be found here! The project is now in a state to where I feel comfortable releasing the files for it. I would like to thank everyone involved in this project and the community as a whole for inspiring me to work on it! I'm really hyped to see what all...
  2. cy

    OpeN64 Release

    It is time... for OpeN64!!! OpeN64 is essentially a 1:1 recreation of the N64 motherboard. The project was designed in KiCAD, and was made to enable and inspire N64 related mods. OpeN64 is based off the 03 revision of the N64 motherboard, but for most AIO portable type mods, motherboard...
  3. cy

    Question Aliexpress ashida shells

    Very very interesting... I'm a little surprised the back interior really is as empty as you said. I can see there exist some screw mounts in the handles, but there's really not a whole lot to work with. It definitely looks doable, but certainly not easy. Are there pictures out there of what...
  4. cy

    Question 3d printer recommendation

    I got my Prusa mk3s+ before the Bambu printers were really prevalent. At the time, your options were to "just get a Prusa" or get an Ender printer that didn't work half the time. It's definitely an outstanding printer and it's served me extremely well! As Stitches said though, it really is...
  5. cy

    Question PIF Relocation Board

    No, I designed and built my own N64 portable. Glad I was able to help though! What are you building?
  6. cy

    Question Aliexpress ashida shells

    I didn't realize there were injection molded Ashida shells like this! Are you able to show what the internals side of it looks like a bit better? I'm interested in getting an idea of how much work it'd be to make the OG Ashida components work with it. Would be cool to make and release a bunch...
  7. cy

    Question PIF Relocation Board

    I ended up picking a resistor book like this one on amazon to solve this problem when making my portable. It should have most of the resistor values you need. Mine ended up including a few extra pages in the back with common capacitor values. I don't know if this one does, but this second one...
  8. cy

    Ashida Wii Portable

    For the record, the sliders inside the earlier white Wii Classic controllers are also the same as the ones used inside the GameCube controller, and the right angled tact switches inside them will also work for the dual Z buttons on the Ashida.
  9. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    Thanks! I thought so! It's Anycubic's purple PLA. I linked it in the text for this post.
  10. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    I like having people handle business matters over forum DMs since there's a better record of that in the event something goes wrong. If you want you can add me on Discord. My Discord is "cy02541", feel free to add me.
  11. cy

    Worklog Zero Suit Samus G-Wii Build

    Agreed! The front came out real nice! Love the analog gates! Love the 2 tone aesthetic! Ahh I see, thanks for explaining! Loving what the bamboo printers are capable of now days! Looks wild!
  12. cy

    Ashida Wii Portable

    I believe the original PMS2 has a better battery life indicator than the PMS Lite. I think the 1.8v rail is also missing off the PMS Lite. You technically don't need the 1.8v rail if you don't remove the LDO on the Wii, but some portables require the removal of the LDO for clearance inside...
  13. cy

    Worklog Zero Suit Samus G-Wii Build

    Such a clean print! The back of the G-Wii is such a blank canvas for custom art like this! I especially love the details in the fan intake! The edges of the shell also look great too, are they part of the filament you're printing with? Or was that detail you added? Either way, this is a...
  14. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    It's definitely possible on the Wii, but it's extremely difficult to remove and resolder the CPU and GPU properly. Mods involving a custom Wii motherboard wouldn't be very accessible as a result. That said, there do exist functional custom Wii boards, although the success rate of transferring...
  15. cy

    Release F64 Controller Relocation PCB (Joystick, FRAM, and NUS-CNT Fusion)

    I'm glad the documentation is helpful. This isn't really my documentation though. I'm actually not sure who originally documented this, but I will say that the diagram that Elektix posted earlier in this thread was the same diagram I used to make this. I'm not sure how arcade joysticks...
  16. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    Just a quick little update here. The latest revision of the boards has arrived! Things still seem to check out electronically, so I imagine these probably still work. Looking forward to seeing CrazyGadget assemble one of these bad boys! Thank you again @CrazyGadget for providing scans...
  17. cy

    Worklog G-Wii Attempt 2026

    Heck yeah dude! There's really nothing like trimming your first Wii and getting it to boot successfully! This is always a GREAT sign for these projects and it's one of the toughest hurdles to overcome! I don't know if this will help you to improve your micro soldering, but I made a guide for...
  18. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    Thank you both! Yeah, I've been thinking that an N64 mini is definitely among the projects I'd like to see come from this! I've done some additional testing on this project since my last post. I tested expansion pak support, ran the unit for over 4 hours straight, verified SummerCart and...
  19. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    It's time for a major update! The assembly process for this was rather slow seeing how there were TONS of components to relocate. As seen in my previous post, I transplanted everything on the back first. So after that, I went ahead and moved on to the front: My first major priority with...
  20. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    I'm really starting to run out of things to do on this project. There are a few misc internal file things that I've gone ahead and done, and I also changed the names of a lot of the nets since they were auto-assigned names by KiCAD. Here's how things look right now: This itself isn't...
Back
Top