Search results

  1. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    SIKE! Not only did I lie to all of you about not doing a RAM swap, but I lied to myself as well. Turns out I had a spare expansion pak lying around that I wasn't aware of... I still wasn't planning on doing this until I realized I'd have a much better time designing the unit around a jumper...
  2. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    Update time: I've populated the PIF relocation board with resistors and caps, I'd like to thank @SparkleBear again for advice and help with this. He suggested I purchase a book like this one which has a lot of common resistor and cap values physically available within the pages of the book...
  3. cy

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    I would like 2, both with the older 640*480 firmware version.
  4. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    It's finally time for me to build something other than a G-Wii, and no, I'm not talking another Wii portable. The scope of this project is fairly straight forward: Make an N64 portable with USB pass-through for an N64 controller HUB and Composite AV out. For those who don't know what this...
  5. cy

    Starlight G-Wii (Now with HDMI out & USB GC controller passthrough!)

    Thank you for bringing this up! I use a wireless sensor bar to pick up the pointing motion. There are IR LEDs you can put inside of portables, but I opted for the wireless sensor bar approach since it works as an external solution without me needing to do any additional relocations. The...
  6. cy

    Discussion They look better on my wall

    Before you even begin disassembling the Wii, it's important to install RVLoader. No OMGWTF trim will even boot unless and until RVLoader is installed (unless you feel like relocating Wifi and bluetooth before testing.
  7. cy

    Discussion They look better on my wall

    Did you install RVLoader before trimming?
  8. cy

    WiiVision

    Internals are lookin' real fine! I completely understand what you mean about the screen in this bad boy. The G-Wii uses the same screen (if I'm not mistaken) and I've never felt the need to upgrade to IPS because the LCD in it is just so high quality. How do the joysticks feel? I always...
  9. cy

    Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

    I've seen em around locally so I'm sure I'll find one. Because I wanted to put the box the nixies came in on display, I ended up putting those in a separate bag to keep em together and I forgot to include them in the image. Whoops!
  10. cy

    Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

    I'm so glad you're enjoying this stuff! Merry Christmas man! My secret santa for this year was @That_Random_Guy . And oh baby! Where do I even begin? A lot of this stuff was inside of some custom painted and 3d printed boxes for the occasion. The allen wrench to open said boxes was also...
  11. cy

    Theme error

    Okay, what format are you using and which USB drive?
  12. cy

    Theme error

    Okay, is this an untrimmed board? Also, are you attempting to use any themes? Do you have an SD plugged in at all? I know you are loading off USB but it doesn't hurt to be certain that the SD is out of the Wii. Also, what format are you using? And what USB/micro SD card are you loading off of?
  13. cy

    Theme error

    Are you loading RVLoader with an SD card or via USB? This is a common error if you're attempting to load it via SD as RVLoader is made to only work on USB.
  14. cy

    any way to change username

    If you dm an admin or a mod and they'll take care of it for you.
  15. cy

    Starlight G-Wii (Now with HDMI out & USB GC controller passthrough!)

    So I decided to build ANOTHER G-Wii. But this time things are different, I decided to challenge myself by attempting HDMI out and USB pass-through in an effort to restore the most of the Wii's home console functionality. This build is complete with MX, Bluetooth, and a few other nice features...
  16. cy

    Worklog Starlight G-Wii Worklog

    After reading this and having time to sleep on it, I decided to open the unit back up to disconnect 5 volts from the HDMI board to see how much current it was drawing. It didn't make up the entire difference (normal G-Wiis draw around -2000 mA, give or take one to two hundred), but it made up a...
  17. cy

    Worklog Starlight G-Wii Worklog

    Okay so, sorry for the double post, but I'm realizing this seems to be drawing a lot more current than it should be. It gets worse the lower the batteries get, but at a full charge it draws -2300 mAs and when it gets lower it starts to draw around -3000. Regardless of how charged it is, it...
  18. cy

    Worklog Starlight G-Wii Worklog

    So it turns out, the HDMI board I bought is faulty. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it, but Shank suspects it is running the wrong firmware. Either way, I was able to get audio on the replacement board I ordered. I suppose that's what I get for ordering from Skent though, One of my...
Back
Top