Search results

  1. cy

    Worklog Playstation Soul

    Such a beautiful and densely packed unit! Your work really is inspirational Wesk! The screen to body ratio is INCREDIBLE and the thickness doesn't lie! Beautiful work as always man!
  2. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    Thank you! The support and kind words you've all shared has been overwhelming and I feel like I don't deserve it. You've all been so nice so many times when I've had something to share on this project and your words of encouragement have kept me motivated, so for that I thank you guys again...
  3. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Thank you both! I just finished doing a battery life test on it, and using an Everdrive the console got 2 hours and 37 minutes of battery life! I'm willing to bet that without the expansion pak and using an original cartridge, I could get 3 hours! To me that's amazing especially for using...
  4. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Thank you! :D I weighed the unit and it weighs in at around 1 pound 8 ounces. It is 58mm deep, 283mm long, and 105.7mm tall (although it's several millimeters shorter in the mid section). This is just in case yall were wondering the dimensions. As for battery life, I'm running a test as we...
  5. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    After >100 hours of 3d modeling, lots of test fitting and assembly work, and many other challenges, my first original portable is finished! The Cyxty Four This portable was inspired by @Wesk 's Ashida Wii portable which took an original GameCube controller and "digitally frankencased" it. In...
  6. cy

    Worklog Mylar (working title) - An Ashida inspired, knock-off Tanto, Dreamcast Portable

    The design of this is absolutely beautiful! I already wanna build one! Huge respect to you for doing this! The modeling work that goes into these projects is incredible!
  7. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    Thanks! I'm a bit disappointed with the model in some areas myself, but there's no reason I can't go back and clean it up eventually when I inevitably build a second one. I 100% will open source the case files eventually. Before I do that though, I'm thinking it would be best to streamline...
  8. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    Thanks a lot! I've really neglected updating my worklog for a while and this is what happens when you do that lol. I'm a little surprised I got around to giving an update and the next post wasn't just "it's finished now!".
  9. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    It has been almost a year since my last post on this project. College required my full attention last fall and this spring/winter, so I got almost nothing done on the project during that time. Fortunately, I don't take summer classes, so my plan for this summer was to finish up this project...
  10. cy

    Remembering Doom

    Doom was a man who bought smiles to so many faces in the community with each and every post he made. I always knew when I saw a post or a response from Doom that it was going to be clever and I found myself laughing consistently at the jokes he cracked. I didn't personally know doom all too...
  11. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    Yeah, I fully understand. Shipping internationally isn't cheap. Sorry! Best of luck to you finding a shell though!
  12. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    Hi, I'm from the US, Michigan to be more precise. I responded to your private message.
  13. cy

    Worklog Wiiboy Color II Worklog

    I didn't even realize this was in the works. Seeing builds that reduce the amount of manual wiring needed and increase the number of custom PCBs and flexes is sincerely exciting! It really is wonderful to see this stuff and know it's just that much less likely to break down. Excellent work!
  14. cy

    Model Lara Croft PS1 Memory card

    Alrighty, who's 3d printing one of these and bringing it to MGC?
  15. cy

    Bitbuilt and mod retro songs

    Over the years there have been a number of songs made by the modding community about the modding community. I guess this thread can serve as a hub of sorts for these posts? I'll start with the 6 songs I AI generated about Y2K and the $60 SNES portable meme. Enjoy!
  16. cy

    Worklog [FINISHED] BrickMii: Old 2019 Portable

    Usually it sucks when a console gets bricked. In this case, it absolutely freaking rocks (no pun intended)! I absolutely LOVE seeing older projects like these get revived and finished. Your franken-case work is utterly beautiful and has very few imperfections. Seeing the gamecube controller...
  17. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    So glad you like the shell! And thanks for showing it off! I'm sure you'll do just fine assembling it. If you need any help, or have any questions related to assembly, please don't hesitate to ask! I'm happy to help however I can! :D
  18. cy

    Worklog Kill Mii Too (Altoids Smalls Tin Portable)

    Yeah, I was thinking about what @YveltalGriffin said about the ground missing ground plane. I tried creating a termination flex for the N64 jumper pak and had a similar failure. It wasn't until @CrazyGadget created his Akira flex that the community had a working jumper pak flex. The main...
  19. cy

    Worklog Kill Mii Too (Altoids Smalls Tin Portable)

    It's hard to believe that a serious attempt is actually being made of this. Has there been any consideration of creating a flex for the RAM? I feel like this is the only way this might happen after seeing Yveltal's amazingly impressive attempt.
  20. cy

    G-Boy PCB Files?

    Yesterday I found myself skimming through this thread in search of a mounting bracket for the newer 640*480 IPS screen. I did a few CTRL + F searches since I didn't want to spend 30+ minutes reading and wasn't able to find much if anything related to this. So I designed one myself, it is based...
Back
Top