Search results

  1. cy

    Release N64 Controller Module

    In one of my own recent projects, I found myself using the code for this in for a GameCube T3 joystick. After programming the micro controller, I ran into a pretty egregious problem. After going a certain distance on the joystick, it would somehow consistently end up going in the opposite...
  2. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Thanks! I've recently started work on proper controller boards for Rev2. Here's how the progress on them is looking: I've ordered a set of these and am currently waiting on them to arrive. I'm already aware that I'll need to improve the button pads for better longevity, and I'll be doing...
  3. cy

    Switching from themes to backgrounds

    Thanks I guess? I wanna make it clear that I didn't do hardly any work at all here though. Aurelio added the background feature into RVLoader many moons ago, all I did was take the backgrounds out of my old themes, make a few new ones, and make a guide on updating to the background system (for...
  4. cy

    Solved No VGA on My G-Boy

    I'm so glad it was working initially! Yeah, twisted H & V sync lines are a bad idea. I probed the V sync line on an untrimmed board and 2 trimmed boards with Mr. Multimeter to sanity check your suspicion. I was having trouble seeing the exact resistance value (given that holding the...
  5. cy

    Solved No VGA on My G-Boy

    It's all looking pretty good to me. It's been a while since I've worked on a Wii though so I could be missing something obvious. I see you even have mode connected to 3.3v. Something that did jump out at me though was the H Sync and V Sync wires being twisted. I remember hearing you never...
  6. cy

    Switching from themes to backgrounds

    It's about time I've done some sort of update for all the themes I've created. A long while back, Aurelio made it so you could easily make any 640x480p or 800x480p image your background or "theme" for RVLoader (depending on if your portable's screen is 4:3 or 16:9). After this update, my...
  7. cy

    melonHD

    Congrats on getting this working! Does this confirm the potential for a Nintendo Switch style dock for a Wii portable? One that charges the console AND feeds video through? Also, do you think you could have PCBWay or JLCPCB assemble these boards for you? It'd be great to avoid the...
  8. cy

    Worklog Louii AKA the "MonogatarWii"

    This isn't much of an update, but I may as well give this update since this will be the last one for a few weeks: My repair worked and it screwed in without any problems. I had to manually shave down the screw post with a dremel since the geometry I copied was supposed to be printed inside...
  9. cy

    Worklog Louii AKA the "MonogatarWii"

    I've decided it's finally time for me to build another Wii. I've had the idea to build a Louii based on Monogatari artwork for quite some time now, I even purchased the colors of paint I'd need to paint the design into the back of it. But it wasn't until recently that I decided to get this...
  10. cy

    Secret Santa 2024: Post/Discuss your gifts here!

    I don't wanna be that guy, but that's a 6 layer Wii. Nice stuff all around though! :D
  11. cy

    Secret Santa 2024: Post/Discuss your gifts here!

    I'm gonna go ahead and post my gift here now that I've received and opened it. This year my secret santa was @Bubberiffic, and he went WAY harder than he had to! He did such a nice job wrapping them too! We've got a beautifully drawn bit of Nokotan art on a wonderful little card he made...
  12. cy

    What do you consider to be your greatest contribution to portabilizing?

    Wait, I thought these forums were just for us to leech off of other people's work and documentation. We actually have to contribute in some way!? Joking aside, I've sold/given away 3d printing cases for people here and there, my worklogs (so people can learn what I did right and wrong), my...
  13. cy

    Worklog Playstation 2 Portable Prototype

    I'd LOVE to see the other one you made. Just looking at the picture you have as your profile picture it looks AMAZING! It looks a lot like Wesk's Ashida and reminds me of a similar project I did with the N64. Something you might consider when posting finished projects is posting in The...
  14. cy

    Worklog Playstation 2 Portable Prototype

    very good, congratulations on the project! I love how it's styled after a PS Vita shell! It doesn't look too much larger than a Vita either which is a feat on it's own. This being your first major post is really impressive! You've come a long way without any help from the community so you...
  15. cy

    Worklog Starlight G-Wii Worklog

    Sorry to bump an old dead thread but I wanted to follow up on my HDMI issue. A little while ago, I ended up ordering another Analog2HDMI board from Skent, and with this board he included this card: After taking a close look at the HDMI board I was trying to use in my Starlight G-Wii, I found...
  16. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Something I forgot to include in my original post are pics of my RCP wiring, so I thought I'd show that here. I'm honestly not very happy with how it came out and may open the unit up to redo it at some point or just replace it outright with a flex. Anyways, here it is: For anyone who isn't...
  17. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Wow! This is really looking good! Something I forgot to mention is that I automatically set the front of the unit to print at 100% infill. This was done to ensure the unit has plenty of structural integrity. I believe it is probably okay to print the back at 15%, but I thought I should...
  18. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Thank you all for the kind words! I wasn't originally planning on releasing the files for this build until I streamlined things a bit, made another revision, and cleaned up the geometry. But after giving it a lot of thought, I realized it would be best to release them. The files in this...
  19. cy

    Cool Parts Thread

    Not trying to bump a dead thread or double post here but there are a few parts I've been using recently that I've really liked. I thought it would be good to post them here so they're easier to find for everyone, so here they are: This is a cheaper alternative screen and driver board to the one...
  20. cy

    Worklog Cyxty Four Worklog (Ashida style N64 portable)

    Thanks! I'm a ways off from releasing the files seeing how I have custom PCBs I wanna design for this unit along with geometry I want to clean up. A tutorial isn't out of the question although I think I would likely end up making something like the Gboy guide if I was going go to do anything of...
Back
Top