Search results

  1. cy

    Flashfi.re – Yveltal's Web Store

    I didn't know Reggie was open source... Humor aside, this is sick dude! Really looking forward to MelonHD too! I saw that Thundervolt Lite is cheaper to assemble than the original Thundervolt. Is it also feature complete? Or is there something missing from it that the Thundervolt 1 has?
  2. cy

    (Release) N64 GC

    Over the last month or so I spent quite a bit of time getting several projects together for MGC. One of the projects I worked on in secret was an N64 controller that has a GC+ in it that you can use to play GameCube, Wii, and Wii Virtual Console games. This was pretty obviously inspired by 4...
  3. cy

    Question [U-AMP] quiet left headphone channel

    I don't have any suggestions, but I will say that I have a similar problem with the headphone jack in a Louii I built. From what I remember, the sound effects are only audible on one side, and the music is only audible on the other side. Changing the audio mode to Mono made it behave similarly...
  4. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    Thank you! I won't lie though, the primary intention with this project is definitely an N64 AIO. A fully open sourced N64 motherboard isn't going to be much extra work after I get a simulated trim working though, so I figured I may as well go all the way with it. 75% of the work will already...
  5. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    This project has been completed and can be found here. Alrighty, I've kept this under wraps for long enough. For the past couple of months, I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a project I've been calling "OpeN64". This project aims to recreate ALL functionality of the original...
  6. cy

    Question Gamecube Games Crashing After Loading

    Sorry for not getting back to you on this. Yeah, it sounds like you've been formatting your USB correctly. Stitches covered this well though. Realistically speaking, you'll probably need to use a different USB drive. I like to use Micro Center branded USB drives because they're cheap...
  7. cy

    Question Gamecube Games Crashing After Loading

    The Wii can be real picky about which USB drives you use. Did you format to FAT32 using 32kb clusters? Also, have you tried a different USB drive? If you're looking to build a portable, you'll need a micro SD card for your file system just so you're aware. Also, what other games have you...
  8. cy

    Release F64 Controller Relocation PCB (Joystick, FRAM, and NUS-CNT Fusion)

    The button pins get shorted to ground to create a button press. So in an actual use case scenario, one end of the tact switch would be wired up to one of the button pads, and the other tact switch would be wired up to ground. This applies to every button pad including the dpad. This doesn't...
  9. cy

    PiPal Raspberry Pi Portable

    I'm glad I was able to help! This project really came out beautifully! The finish is especially lovely on this one! Looking forward to seeing this beauty at MGC! :D
  10. cy

    My first Wii Portable

    As @fdraghi said, this isn't something that you're going to be able to do quickly. You need to order components, wait for them to arrive, and then seriously take your time when you do eventually start putting everything together. Soldering itself is something I've seen a few too many people...
  11. cy

    Making the Playstacean

    This really came out beautifully! I totally get what you mean about getting to mirror things. I was tempted to mirror the right side of my Cyxty Four once I had the buttons figured out, but working with the left side scan ended up being a better choice. I'm so glad you were able to save...
  12. cy

    Worklog Louii AKA the "MonogatarWii"

    Annnnnd it's done! No, like actually! This past week I've been actively working to get this portable finished up. I started by doing exactly what I said I was gonna do. I connected the various voltage and ground wires between the two halves until there was nothing left to connect. The only...
  13. cy

    Worklog Louii AKA the "MonogatarWii"

    Progress on this build has been real slow since I've been balancing relaxing and enjoying my time off with other projects (including this one). With that said, I think I still have time to get this done before MGC if I keep making steady progress on it. Last night I got the batteries wired up...
  14. cy

    Would it still be considered a portable wii if it were just a whole wii motherboard?

    I've always found the idea of not trimming a motherboard for a Wii to be interesting. Having a fully reversible and easier to build portable seems like a neat concept. As CrazyGadget was saying, there is an aliexpress Wii portable that comes close to being untrimmed and here's what the...
  15. cy

    Worklog N64 USB/Bluetooth Controller Adapter

    I'm a bit late to the welcoming party welcoming you back, but it's great to see you back! Your Wii SP consoles were always an inspiration to me! And I totally get the whole not wanting to design your own board thing, I personally don't like having to wait for the boards to arrive. You've...
  16. cy

    Question Using 3d sliders on a portable

    From what I understand, you should be able to connect them to the joystick breakout boards that 4 layer tech sells and then wire them up to the GC+ from there.
  17. cy

    Worklog Louii AKA the "MonogatarWii"

    So the original set of PCBs I ordered ended up never arriving thanks so the US postal service sending them to the same three cities for a month and then sending them back to JLC for some reason... No clue what in the world their problem is, the PCBs were literally in my state for a solid month...
  18. cy

    Release F64 Controller Relocation PCB (Joystick, FRAM, and NUS-CNT Fusion)

    Recently, I found myself revisiting the connections made in this project for work I was doing on another project. I'd like to thank @YveltalGriffin for teaching me the basics of two layer PCB design. I'm no electrical engineer, and I don't plan to change majors, so asking him and other people...
  19. cy

    Question Does my trim look good?

    I've got a lot to say in this post, so please stick with me because all of what I have to say is good advice. First off, the edges of the trim look very jagged. Have you sanded the edges of it at all? If you have, you definitely haven't sanded enough. I would strongly recommend reading...
  20. cy

    Switching from themes to backgrounds

    Glad this is helpful. A few people still use some of the legacy themes I made and I wanted a place to point them whenever I see them using one of my themes since they tend to break things in newer versions of RVLoader. I went ahead and updated the original post here so that instead of a file...
Back
Top