Search results

  1. cy

    Question Ashida Blackscreen

    The first thing I noticed when looking at your pictures is that it looks like there's quite a bit of uncleaned flux residue. Most of your soldering looks acceptable especially if this is your first build, but some wires do look like they were tinned or stripped further than they need to be...
  2. cy

    BitBuilt's 2025 Summer Building Competition

    It says in the first post that registration closed on June 30th and that no registration can be made after that date, so you'll probably need to wait until next year.
  3. cy

    Worklog Xii-Boy Ultra - Bryce's Build [WORKLOG]

    Cool to see someone else building one of Xenii's projects! Always was a fan of how they turned out! As Fly_5 said though, the soldering does look a bit questionable, especially along the main voltage lines. This screencap I took highlights what I'm talking about. Most solder joints...
  4. cy

    Rv loader

    I'm not trying to backseat moderate, but I'm pretty sure the forum rules say you should try to avoid double posting. You can just edit your original post if you have more information to update it with rather than just making another post a minute later. Anyways, have you verified that your...
  5. cy

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] 2025 Summer Contest - The s00per64

    I love your Venn diagram! It does a pretty solid job of capturing the challenges the N64 tends to present (minus power draw, the N64 is actually pretty decent for that compared to the Wii or God forbid any Xbox or PS console after the PS2). The N64 mobo when compared to the Wii can be summed...
  6. cy

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] Playstation 3 Portable

    This has shockingly few wires for what it is - all of which are routed masterfully! I seriously hope you win the competition with this! I've repaired so many sketchy PS3s over the years that I'll always see it as the most easy to break console (it is pretty well known for that after all)...
  7. cy

    Mold shell ashida

    These all look amazing! If you're looking for suggestions, I've got a few here complete with pictures. When I was originally going to build an Ashida, I thought transparent purple or indigo would look really cool! Something like this: Some original GC controllers came with a clear back...
  8. cy

    [2025 Contest Entry] Summer Contest 2025-The WIIRTOP,a wii in a bartop(arcade cabinet)

    Your design philosophy has improved, but I'm still seeing quite a bit of room for improvement. The main thing I'll focus on here is adding a Ground plane since you still haven't done that. Doing so makes Ground redundant on your boards which is typically the best practice. Here's an example...
  9. cy

    [2025 Contest Entry] Summer Contest 2025-The WIIRTOP,a wii in a bartop(arcade cabinet)

    This is a really neat concept! I like the whole arcade cabinet aesthetic you're going for! Do you plan on having any art on the side walls of it? Might be kinda neat to see some Smash Bros Melee styled artwork on the sides of it. Your PCBs don't look bad for a first go, but I would like to...
  10. cy

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] Playstation 3 Portable

    As someone who's done quite a few PS3 repairs, I've got a ton of respect for you for even attempting this! I'm really excited to see where this project goes. And as people here have said, the frankencasing work is looking great! We really don't see enough of that now that 3d printing is the...
  11. cy

    Making the Playstacean

    Sorry for the double post, but I did want to bump this thread and ask what layer height and what angle(if you know) was this project this printed at? After seeing how nice the shell turned out at MGC, I'd like to try something similar to this sometime. I'm also curious to know how long the the...
  12. cy

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] StellaNova - Hand Wired Atari 2600 Portable

    Who said PCBs were better than hand wiring? This is some clean wiring ya got goin' on here. Looking great! Can't wait to see where this project goes!
  13. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    It's been a while since I've posted anything here and I wanted to show off a few newer multi color prints I've done to show more of what my printer is capable of. Here's a Louii I did with custom artwork printed into the front and back: Here's a shell I did for a Raspberry Pi 4 with some...
  14. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    It's been a month and a half and I've done almost nothing on this project. I was waiting on someone to do a Rev 3 motherboard scan for me, but after waiting for over a month and a half, that still hasn't happened. I'm not mad or trying to call anyone out or anything, it's been a weird and...
  15. cy

    BitBuilt's 2025 Summer Building Competition

    Uhm achktually it's CYXTY FOUR not "Cy? 64." Joking aside, I'm absolutely honored to be part of the announcement post here! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with as always!
  16. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    I've ordered and tested the PCBs, and they seem to work just as I want them to. With that said, there are adjustments and additions I'd like to make to them before releasing the files for them. On another note, I made this nice little addition to the back of the unit: Looks even better in...
  17. cy

    Worklog Gabe's Cyxty Four Build

    Good luck with the build! The build process may end up being a bit unpolished since I've only finished one iteration and even that had different solutions for various stuff than what you'll most likely end up doing. If you have any questions or need help with anything, feel free to dm me on...
  18. cy

    YET ANOTHER person seeking guidance for ps2 portable and modding in general

    Looks like you're off to a decent start! Yeah, BMS stands for Battery Management System kind of like how PMS stands for Power Management System. I don't know much about the PS2, but I remember there being two trims: an advanced trim, and a less advanced trim. What I'm about to say is...
  19. cy

    YET ANOTHER person seeking guidance for ps2 portable and modding in general

    Technically Composite video needs two wires in order to work: Composite signal, and Ground. Everything in electronics needs Ground in order to function, so other than needing to be connected to ground, yes, it works with just one wire. In your case you're probably going to want to use the...
  20. cy

    YET ANOTHER person seeking guidance for ps2 portable and modding in general

    The PS2 Trimming guide is going to be one of your best resources for this. It looks like you've already started looking there which is a good start. As you've already identified, one of the biggest challenges here is going to be your power management solution. @Legend designed and released a...
Back
Top