Search results

  1. cy

    OMGWTF trim help!

    You wired to the wrong side of that cap, we usually remove those large caps by twisting them off with pliers since they aren't needed anyways. It's possible that since you didn't remove the cap that it should still be outputting video, but I would 100% try wiring to the other side of that cap -...
  2. cy

    OMGWTF trim help!

    It's pretty standard to just solder composite video to the screen driver board. Be aware that in order for you to get video output, you must have the screen set to the correct video mode. This means toggling through each video mode until you get video output from the Wii onto the screen for...
  3. cy

    OMGWTF trim help!

    I know in a regular U10 relocation the three capacitors around the U5 footprint need to be removed, I've noticed that they're still present here, so I'm not sure if that's an issue or not. Your wires are long and not super well organized which is making this harder to follow. Also, you've...
  4. cy

    OMGWTF trim help!

    We need to see pictures of your trim and soldering in order to help you. It's possible you trimmed something critical off the board and don't realize it, or maybe you went into an important component, or maybe your soldering isn't good. Regardless of what it is, we need pictures of the front...
  5. cy

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] Playstation 3 Portable

    What an amazing and wild project this turned out to be! I love everything about this dude! I seriously hope you win this contest because you deserve it!
  6. cy

    Worklog Kawaii

    These are beautiful! Almost makes me wish I would've bought one. Maybe down the road I will...
  7. cy

    Cyxty Four N64 portable

    Thank you! I didn't really spent too much time polishing up the back since I was a bit strapped for time before finishing this project, but the front came out beautifully if I do say so myself. This project has a ton of room for improvement, and this was really just a rushed first revision...
  8. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    The front of the compendium is mostly finished. I've still got a number of lines to trace on the right side of the board, but I'm opting to hold off on those until I get most of the back traced since the lines I'm yet to trace all go to the back. Here's how the front is looking: I've only...
  9. cy

    Question Gamecube stick on 2ds/3ds

    Most portable Wiis nowadays use the GC+2.0 from 4layertech. This board was designed to be compatible with many different joystick solutions and has software that allows you to map joystick values to it making it compatible with nearly any joystick. Joysticks are potentiometers that output...
  10. cy

    Cherrii Wii Portable

    I missed this when it was initially posted, I love what you did with the batteries extending downwards to give you more of a grip on the unit. I also love the IR LEDs for bluetooth and the HDMI out since that's such an underrated feature! Reminds me that I still need to add IR LEDs into my...
  11. cy

    Question Description of YPbPr Signal Recognition Issue with RTD2660 Driver Board

    Did you enable the VGA patches when installing RVLoader? I seem to remember those disabling component video.
  12. cy

    Question First omgwtf Wii trim

    The NAND looks fine. Be careful when sanding not to sand too far inward and remove this cap: If it does get removed, your console can still function, but it is best to leave it on.
  13. cy

    Question n64 motherboard dimensions

    An untrimmed N64 motherboard (measuring only the board itself and not any components that hang off it) is: 127mm x 158mm. The board itself is about 1.5mm in thickness. Each advanced N64 trim is going to vary a bit in size, but the one I have on my desk is 114.6mm x 102.1mm.
  14. cy

    Question First omgwtf Wii trim

    This board should still function. The main areas of concern when trimming are on the back edge where your NAND is (which isn't visible in either of your pictures) and this area near the bottom of the board: The red line runs along the NAND traces you need to avoid going through and the blue...
  15. cy

    Worklog Continuation of my first portable!

    Yeah, I was talking to frost last night about this. I think the board is fine and the cap probably is too, but I did tell him that if the board doesn't work, replacing the cap could be a good starting point for troubleshooting. I also informed him of Nold's Wii trim resistances guide and...
  16. cy

    Riivolution for RVLoader?

    I downloaded Riivolution and looked through the readme.txt to find this: I think we have our answer with this alone. I've never messed with this software before, so I didn't realize it relied on original discs. Every portable that I've seen forgoes the disc drive for the sake of battery...
  17. cy

    Riivolution for RVLoader?

    I've not tested this software myself, but I've found that most homebrew that works on a stock Wii also works on Wii portables. RVLoader has a homebrew tab that allows you to access all the homebrew apps you could from the homebrew channel. I know that CTGP isn't supported since it requires an...
  18. cy

    Release N64 Controller Module

    You need a PICkit3 and the MPLab software. Authentic PICkit3s are over-priced, so the community recommends getting a Chinese knockoff since that works just fine for our purposes. I'm not sure this is the best price, but you can find one here...
  19. cy

    The J-Wiitch Lite/Mini

    How big is that screen? If that's the size of a Switch Lite, I'm pretty sure that's not a screen we've seen used in the community before. Also, those dual tact triggers have an interesting design, how have those been working out for you? Again, really neat project overall!
  20. cy

    Question Expansion pak workarounds.

    Yeah, that can work. Remember though that the expansion RAM does draw more power than the console's stock RAM (this will reduce your battery life by a bit). It's also only needed for like three games and a few niche homebrew apps, so you may opt to skip it if you can justify not being able to...
Back
Top