Search results

  1. cy

    Y2K's PS2 Ultra Slim

    Ah I see, I didn't realize this build used custom files. Came out nice though, great work!
  2. cy

    Y2K's PS2 Ultra Slim

    The files can be found in this thread at the bottom of the first post.
  3. cy

    Board scan N64 Rev 3-1 Compendium

    Gimp Versions: Download - Full Size Download - Resized Get GIMP Paint.NET Versions: Download - Full Size Download - Resized Get Paint.NET A few weeks ago, I started work on an N64 compendium to aid in making another project I've been working on. I would've used @ShockSlayer 's N64 compendium...
  4. cy

    [2025 Contest Entry] CRT Micro - A Modernized Piece of Tube History

    Wow! That's absolutely wild! Thanks for providing pictures for scaling :D
  5. cy

    [2025 Contest Entry] CRT Micro - A Modernized Piece of Tube History

    It's hard to believe that HDMI port on the PCB for this is an HDMI port. I feel like you're gonna have to take some pictures with some household objects for scaling to really drive home just how small this is. Also would definitely love to see this project in person if/when we meet up some...
  6. cy

    Worklog Kawaii

    Stuff like this is why I decided not to buy any shells for this at all. I wouldn't be able to decide on just one color and as a result, I'd end up buying multiple beautiful colors like this (something I'd rather not do given my finances haha)! These shells really are beautiful, this is the...
  7. cy

    PMS dead?

    What you're saying here makes sense, but shouldn't he be able to include the screen controller board in the circuit and wire the button presses to where each of the switches go accordingly? Obviously this could be optimized with resistors being soldered to the right point on the driver board...
  8. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    Thank you! Yeah, I'm surprised how well the Ashida shells have been turning out. My first few shells had a few minor artifacts in them, but it seems like the printer has "broken in" the more shells I've printed. I'm still surprised that my strategy for printing the Cyxty Four actually worked lol.
  9. cy

    cy's $40 3d printing service

    I got a request to do an Ashida shell for @ricewtr. I asked them ahead of time if they were cool with me posting about this and they said they were, so here's the shell I printed for them: This one came out nearly identical to the other one I made in a previous post, so it may seem a bit...
  10. cy

    PMS dead?

    When I made my Louii, I relocated the IR LED that was on the control daughter board for screen control functionality, so I never had the chance to have this issue. Sorry I can't be of more help. @GingerOfOz might have a clue though since he knows the ins and outs of this build pretty well...
  11. cy

    PMS dead?

    The issue you're having with the PMS happens on most portables. You can fix it by going into the PMS settings in RVLoader under settings and changing the battery capacity to something that's incorrect and then immediately changing it back to whatever your battery capacity actually is. If you...
  12. cy

    Model Nintendo Wii Controller Port

    Ahh, my bad. So used to you posting scans, I just assumed that's what it was. Looks good regardless, probably more usable since it's gotta be lower poly.
  13. cy

    Model Nintendo Wii Controller Port

    This would've been useful in some of my past projects and will likely be useful in some of my future projects. Great scans as always Wesk!
  14. cy

    PMS dead?

    If you're making mistakes like this, it may be worth reading into electronics more before you work on this. It can help you prevent making more costly mistakes since components like the one you may have damaged are not cheap. Be aware that while some parts of the PMS may still work after this...
  15. cy

    Worklog OpeN64 - Worklog

    The compendium is more or less finished now: I still have some basic work to do so the final result is polished up nicely and provides a better user experience, so this won't be released for a little while. The traces and planes have all been mapped out though. Once I've gotten feedback from...
  16. cy

    Beginner Soldering Practice

    You could start by trying to solder to something less populated like this little daughter board: This should be an easier starting point since these aren't like the really small surface mount components on the other boards. If you're having trouble getting a shiny, smooth, round, joint, then...
  17. cy

    Does Bluetooth relocation on a Wii trim keep the Wii remote's motion controls?

    To be clear, bluetooth itself doesn't include motion controls. The motion controls themselves are built into the Wii remotes. If you want to play with a Wii remote as you have described, the motion controls will work fine if you relocate bluetooth. But the portable itself won't have motion...
  18. cy

    Worklog Some PS2 Project

    This is some next level stuff dude! I didn't even realize the PS2 motherboard's CPU and other main components could all be transplanted onto a new board! Absolutely amazing! Bravo dude! Did you use hot air to remove and reball the chips? Or was it something else?
  19. cy

    Worklog new member ashida to the group

    This is pretty wild! The design is a fair bit different from @Wesk 's Ashida, but still seems to be of quality nonetheless. I've seen a number of popups online for Ashida style portables and always assumed they were low quality knockoffs, this one is surprisingly legit though! To be clear...
Back
Top