Hey guys! So I started trying to build a wii portable when I was 13-14 but I was to stupid, clueless, and annoying if you see my previous post couple years back. But also did not have a budget for it, I stopped right after I trimmed the board and relocated the chip. Now it seems that it's easier...
Hey link so I'm jumping into my own portable and I finished trimming and ordered the capacitors but I can't find the right resistors to use. Could you link me to where you bought them? Thanks! -Alvaro
Edit: meant resistors
Great! Sounds good. I also have one more question before im off to my planning, when I make my custom regualtors, can I use a 90k ohm resistor on lets say the 3.3v voltage which only needs 1.89k ohm? So can I just buy like 10 90k ohm and use 4 of them with my regulators?
I did a lot of sanding as it was way off the line. Im afraid if I keep going I will mess something up. Also thanks for this guide I did not even know it existed. Thanks!
Edit: Can I sand off the edge popping out on the left?
Edit again: Also was I supposed to keep this capacitor
I finished trimming. What should I do next? Chip relocations? Also I have vague information on regulators so please recommend me some regulators I could buy and how many. Just about anything I need for the board could you tell me. Like Proto board or something. Thanks.
During disassembly this screw got stuck so I went on then had to use brute force at the end. Pretty gruesome. Used dermal and pliers...
-merge-
Finished tear down
-merge-
Hey guys half way done with the trim. I scathed a trace on the edge of the trim, do you think the Wii still works? Pics...
I have another question so I was looking into testing the games I just downloaded and they arent loading up. They are ciso format and I just put them in the "games" folder in the root of the USB. Every time I click "Wii Games" it says can't find games rebuild cache. Any ideas, I googled this and...
Hey guys, ive been on this forum for quite sometime and im ready for my wii portable. I have one question first before I begin trimming and updating my guide. I have 2 wii's one 6 layer and 4 layer, which one should I use for my first portable. Thanks, -Alvaro
Should I do the MMM thing as well after formatting?
CHEESE OH MAN YOUR A GOD IT WORKED! For anyone whose having same issue as me just make sure both your SD card and USB are formatted fat32 with 32kb allocation/cluster or whatever.
Hi cheese, thanks for this helpful tip im sure itll work im home now and im going to try it.
Edit: @cheese now ive run into another issue, it says something about ios80 error but it flashed so fast I didn't have my phone on hand, ill try to snap a picture to show you...