Search results

  1. JamesPi

    Mold shell ashida

    That's pretty great, honestly. I noticed that it has a dedicated start button and a few different design changes including a different bottom interface, different speakers, and possibly a different fan. What are the changes to the parts you'd get to be able to use this shell?
  2. JamesPi

    Question Shorted fan header?

    I don't have too much knowledge about the Wii motherboard currently, but check if either of these two components are damaged in any way from the short. I'll test some stuff on my motherboard later today to see if there's any definitive component that would be messed up. EDIT: It would also...
  3. JamesPi

    The Xii-Boy Ultra (V3) - BETA Release

    Amazing job Xenii! I've loved following your progress with your designs over the past year, and am always extremely impressed with your work. Enjoy your break, you've done so much for the community. Congratulations on the Ultra. Xenii, you've done it once again.
  4. JamesPi

    Question Wanna try to make a ps2 portable but i dont know how

    There's many PS2 portables already existing that you can follow, one of the best I've seen being Customledmods' mentioned above, but you could also design your own. Some of the things you should start thinking about before you start though, is how you want the shape of it to be, and what type of...
  5. JamesPi

    Discussion RVL-DD Success/Struggle Stories - SDW/SDC and Controller issues

    Here's the updated bitstream file, if you still would like to update just to be sure it doesn't freeze again.
  6. JamesPi

    YET ANOTHER person seeking guidance for ps2 portable and modding in general

    I don't have experience with PS2 portables specifically, but I would highly recommend not buying parts from temu for serious projects like this. I would recommend using aliexpress instead for cheap stuff, or buying from reputable companies who actually make the product. I'm also not entirely...
  7. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    Wish I could've been there this year, this was a really special project that you guys put together. I'm glad it all went well, and am always extremely impressed by your work. Great job!
  8. JamesPi

    BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

    I know that video ID too well.. you can't fool me :P
  9. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    This is the best response. PLEASE follow his advice. I, personally, I watched through many different videos more than three times, and still messed upon some aspects. If you take your time, and do proper research, you'll absolutely be able to do it.
  10. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Yes, someone has done it before on an ender 3 as well. See here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/ashida-wii-portable.4529/post-52155
  11. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    Did you make sure to buy a black wii, or a wii with a confirmed motherboard revision over CPU-40?
  12. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    This I can also recommend 100%. Not sure how you didn't see it, as it's in Wesk's post as well, but it's a pretty great guide! The wires he uses are questionable, but for the most part, it's an extremely helpful and well taught video series.
  13. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    Here is the spreadsheet for almost all of the parts for the Ashida https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0540/5035/7446/files/Ashida_BOM.pdf?v=1677018428 This link is mentioned in the Ashida post by Wesk, who created it.
  14. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    Nice! I think that's a good choice. Just a tip, rather than harvesting from a GameCube controller, buy a Wii classic controller, which is cheaper, then buy the buttons separately. That also means that you can choose what button colors you want, rather than the default ones.
  15. JamesPi

    Question Is it possible to replace joystick on a superpad64 controllers with a regular replacement joysticks

    I think I remember hearing that the joystick mechanism was different than the original n64's controller joystick. It was quite bad, too, and broke often. You might still be able to replace it though, just something to think about, as they aren't the same stickbox.
  16. JamesPi

    My first Wii Portable

    Yeah, definitely read through everything before ordering parts. As for the case, I could 3D print it for you, seeing as we're both in Florida. Not sure how to deliver it though, as mail can be risky with the heat and I'm not sure if meeting in person is a good idea. Also *please* make sure you...
  17. JamesPi

    BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

    General Kenobi
  18. JamesPi

    Worklog Xii-Boy Ultra (V3)

    Oh, that'd be awesome if you sold kits. If you're not able to distribute the parts in the end, I would be happy help out as needed.
  19. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    I haven't finished building mine yet, but the quality difference and features it brings (like brightness, and way easier widescreen) is worth the 80 dollars IMO.
  20. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    To answer your other question, you would need either one good condition gamecube controller and a z button, or one wii classic controller and two sets of gamecube buttons, or one set and an extra z button (depending on how you can buy them online) I would definitely recommend the wii classic...
Back
Top