Search results

  1. JamesPi

    Solved Are these trim lines all good?

    Ah, that's great. Good luck on it all! I'm excited to see your future forum posts.
  2. JamesPi

    Solved Are these trim lines all good?

    Send it. I trust you already know to trim outside the lines then sand in? Also- remove any components that's through the trim line on the top. Usually that's a round capacitor near the USB ports and a voltage regulator of some sort as well.
  3. JamesPi

    How can I build a laptop using a Raspberry Pi 400?

    I was thinking pretty similar to the PiDock, like a regular laptop then the Pi 400 slots in, but that's up to you! Removing the Pi 400 easily should definitely be a requirement, but we could also get a micro SD flex cable and extend the port out to the back, but that might be hard to take the Pi...
  4. JamesPi

    How can I build a laptop using a Raspberry Pi 400?

    Yeah, I mean I think we should definitely publish the files when we're done, and make a worklog while making it, so that other people can replicate it. And as for the colors, that's entirely up to you! I don't mind whatever we do, although I definitely think we should try to make the design...
  5. JamesPi

    How can I build a laptop using a Raspberry Pi 400?

    Well, essentially just that! You'd need to design a sort of case around a HDMI screen, USB trackpad, the Pi 400 itself, and have enough room for the cable routing in the back. Connect the screen to the micro HDMI port, the trackpad to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port (depending on what the trackpad was...
  6. JamesPi

    melonHD

    Yeah, sorry about that :blush: I probably should've just followed the Flashfire thread as well, especially considering I enjoy the other products being sold on there. :awesome:
  7. JamesPi

    Worklog [2025 Contest Entry] Playstation 3 Portable

    It takes time to do a full writeup of a project, especially as this isn't most people's job. I'm sure it'll be out soon, but that soon is relative to many different aspects. Also, please try to keep the forum in English. If you don't know the language, there are translators that you can use that...
  8. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    @CrashBash Assuming you're the one who redacted the link. Sorry for uploading the stuff to mediafire. I thought that rule (No. 7) only applied to images? It doesn't mention anything about regular files. I had to go back and check to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong lol. If I'm not...
  9. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    This for sure. This is a forum, not exactly one giant guide, most of the stuff you'll ever need to know about building an Ashida is here somewhere in the forum, but you need to put in some effort to gather all the information together. And yes, this is a semi advanced project to work on, and if...
  10. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Well, read the message I sent lol. (yes)
  11. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    It's mainly because its more efficient and quieter because of that. Yes, the definitive trim guide.
  12. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Not really noticeable, but it doesn't hurt to use the higher resolution ones unless you're using a service that doesn't allow it.
  13. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Alright, here you are! High res is uploading right now. Mod edit. Do not link external image or file hosting.
  14. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    All are working for me for some reason. It could have to do with location, maybe each is restricted to how many things can be downloaded from a certain area?
  15. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    Strange that you can't download them. What website can you download from? I can't post them here as the files are too large for bitbuilt.
  16. JamesPi

    Ashida Wii Portable

    If you do want an IR sensor in the Ashida then you should probably sand the domes off at these locations, then put the IR lights in those spots. Here's an image (and video) of what that would look like, though it's not mine. It's not very practical though, as the screen is so small, it would be...
  17. JamesPi

    Question GC+2.0 on Louii build not working, need help

    I don't believe this is a two way connection, though I could be wrong. I believe the only thing sending anything is the controller sending inputs to the data pin on the Wii. If you have a oscilloscope, you could always check if there's any change of voltage that looks like data being sent. I'm...
  18. JamesPi

    Question Shorted fan header?

    Note: sorry, didn't see the part about you grabbing a wire from the disk drive lol. Either way, I'm happy everything's working again
  19. JamesPi

    Question Shorted fan header?

    Ah, that's great! I checked the resistances of that transistor, and mine were slightly off, but not enough to be concerned. My Wii has been inoperable until just today, so I was about to check the voltages, but I'm glad you figured it out! Nice job making it wireless, I would've just caved and...
  20. JamesPi

    Question Ashida Build Help - Black screen for composite out

    I believe the wire running to the LDO is for 3.3v, at least according to the compendium. The only thing that you pointed out that seems like it would mess something up is the components cut in half.
Back
Top